April 2014 Moms
Options

Infant car seat insert

When do you take out the infant insert in the car seat???

Re: Infant car seat insert

• Options
    I have a chicco keyfit 30 and the manual said to remove it when baby reaches 11lbs. I did keep the headrest thing in, though. I'd check your manual.
  • Options
    I also have the Keyfit 30. We took ours out after LO had a huge blowout in his car seat. I looked in the manual to see how to wash it and realized LO had outgrown it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Graco snug ride and was just wondering about this today. I couldn't find it in the manual...
  • Options
    We just took ours out, also due to a blow out. We watched him carefully on the ride home and he was fine. Head was fully stable so we won't put it back in.
  • Options
    We also have the key fit 30 and just today took out the infant insert. LO seems much more comfortable without it. She's 11.5-12 lbs now
  • Options
    We took the insert out at about 11 pounds (KeyFit 30), and he seems SO much more comfortable without it.  He doesn't scream as much when we strap him in now.  We still have the head stabilizer in though, because he doesn't seem to mind that, and still has trouble holding his head straight when he's tired.  
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Safety 1st somethingorother, and I just took the insert out a couple of days ago. My LO is 16lbs. and 27" long.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"