July 2014 Moms

Team green turned pink. Sydney June's arrival

Water broke at 2:30 am on June 25 2014. Got up for nightly pee got back in bed and water broke. No sound but decent size gush. Smelt it and determined I did not pee myself and made DH smell too! Lol got up and it was then running down my legs. Sent DH to grab me a giant maxi pad while I showered off my legs and changed. Last minute packing of hospital bag. Brief panic attack of not having a car seat yet. Some breakfast. And off we went around 3:30am to hospital.

Arrived shortly before 4am. After parking in wrong lot and driving around to emerge parking lot after being told by peace officer regular doors locked, got checked in and up to labour and delivery around 4:15am. Stick test confirmed water did indeed break so this thing is actually happening.. And waiting began. Didn't really notice any contractions.

Somewhat noticeable contractions starting around 5:30. Extremely Mild but fairly frequent ~every 5ish minutes.

Dr came around 9am. Checked and 3 cm, 90% effaced, -2 station. Dr okayed me to be intermittently monitored (prior to had to stay in bed because was being treated as pre-term).

Got up and walked for a bit, then labored on birthing ball briefly. Checked at noon and 5 cm dilated, I was describing the contractions as medium and rating them at a 4.

Nurse asked if I wanted to labor in the shower for a bit. After laboring in the shower from 1pm to 1:50pm we got out. I was getting tired and was thinking if I hadn't progressed I might get the epi just to have a nap.

At this point I was having some involuntary pushing during contractions. The nurse decided to check dilation and asked if we were ready to have a baby. I asked her what she meant and she said I was at 10cm and we were ready to go.

Doctor showed up just in time and we started pushing at 2:35pm. This was the hardest part for me as even these contractions weren't feeling that strong. Managed to get through it though. (My nurse warned me when we started pushing that she was off at 3:30pm and wanted to meet this baby.) Dr was shocked and said I was acting like someone with an epi and couldn't believe I hadn't had any pain meds.

Baby girl born at 3:16 pm. 5lbs 15 oz 18.75in. 32 cm head. DH got to announce the sex and cut the cord. They had to take her only briefly to suction a bit and then lots of skin to skin/kangaroo care.

Re: Team green turned pink. Sydney June's arrival

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"