September 2014 Moms

Shaving...

I'm use to shaving myself clean-- however now that I'm at 28 weeks-- doing so safely and efficiently is IMPOSSIBLE!! And it's driving me nuts!! Suggestions?

Re: Shaving...

• I read on a different forum that sitting on the side of the tub and using a mirror was the best way, so I'm going to try that this weekend. I tried just doing it like usual last weekend and kept losing my breath because of how hard it was to see anything. "/
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ashaw512 ashaw512 member
    edited June 2014
    You can still shave? 8-> I wish

Eta hit post to soon
  • Loading the player...
  • I can still shave although I'm shaving blind lol I haven't been able to see down there for awhile. It's a lot of work so I don't do it nearly as often as I should.
  • I shaved blind a couple weeks ago...completely by feel..but it took forever. DH agreed that once it was too difficult for me to do that he'd do it for me. He really does do a good job :-)
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • LTMamaLTMama member
    I started going for waxing. I can't see anything down there.

DD1, born 4/10/11 at 32 weeks
    Cooking #2 :)  Due 9/18/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I kind of go blind. Although if I thrust my hips forward and use one hand to sort of lift my belly I can see enough to make it less dangerous.
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• I must be in the minority of not having any problems. It's a bit more difficult for me, but I just put one foot up on the ledge in the shower (as I always have), and sort of bend to the side to look around the bump. Do one half, then switch sides. Maybe I just have uber shaving skills?  :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I just haven't taken care of anything above the knee for the last several weeks. I'm having a massage tomorrow and the weather is warming up soon, so I'm going to attempt it tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll try it by myself first but if I can't manage it, I'm going to have to trust my husband to do it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I sat on the side of the bath tub and had a mirror in front of me. Apparently that didn't help much because I'm officially suffering from the worst razor burn of my life!!
  • Aww dangs, I gave up a long time ago.. it just took to much time in the shower and for a big part of first tri the smell of our water was enough to make me hurl. DH doesn't seem to mind("you're carrying our baby thus you are perfect exactly how you are.." how sweet but my BS meter starts flaring up...), but I've been considering braving the jungle.. so to speak.. as it gets hotter. 
  • I go by feel and super carefully!
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I've decided I've shaved for the last time and am switching to getting waxed (I can still shave my legs for now but it's getting more difficult. I'll be wearing maxi skirts pretty much all the time once I give that up too).

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• ap0werap0wer member
    I usually shave just by feel, sometimes I'll use a mirror if I can't seem to get a certain spot. I don't shave half as often as I used to, only my armpits.
    ----

• I don't use a razor, I use a trimmer. When I couldn't see last time, I would use a mirror. It was pretty difficult bc it's all backwards. Did the job.

• I shaved blind a couple weeks ago...completely by feel..but it took forever. DH agreed that once it was too difficult for me to do that he'd do it for me. He really does do a good job :-)

I wouldn't trust DH to shave me. I have never seen him without a beard, hence never seen his razor skills. To much of a risk lol

Haha...DH shaves his own undercarriage without hurting himself...so I trust him
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • I gave the hell up on shaving. I use a trimmer.
  • I shaved blind this morning before we went to the pool. My tankini is still long enough to cover most of that area, but I don't want to embarrass myself or DH ha ha...I made DH check and he assured me it looked fine. While at the pool, I spotted a huge spot I missed. The mirror will be in the shower with me from now on!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I started using Nair. Not the best option but the application doesn't have to be perfect.

• I am also currently shaving blind. I haven't done so yet this time but last pregnancy DH helped me shave. I completely trust him, but it is a pretty weird/funny thing to do. We were joking and giggling the whole time.
  • Let it grow a bit then go get waxed. Sugaring is a good, less painful option. Plus, you could probably just get it done once and be good until after baby comes.

Lindsay & Nicholas

12/21/11

BabyFruit Ticker

• I gave up- had half leg and underarm wax last week, hoping that lasts a month. It hurt but not unbearably. Usually waxing legs is easy breezy- but pregnancy is a whole other ball game. It had to be done though- it's summer and the one time I enlisted DH's assistance was a DISASTER. How does he shave his face???

*Ticker/Siggy Warning*

Me: 37 DH: 38 TTC since 2011 DH normal Dx: DOR (AFC ranges from 6-11; AMH 0.16; FSH 11.9; E2 45) 11/13: 1st IVF converted to IUI due to poor response to high dose antagonist protocol (only 3 follies) = BFN 12/13: IUI #2 letrozole + Bravelle = BFP, beta #1 156, beta #2 196 (diff. lab), beta #3 1037; 1st ultrasound @ 5 wks 1 day = 6 mm gest sac; 2nd ultrasound 6 wks 1 day = tiny flickering heartbeat; 3rd ultrasound 7 wks 1 day 10.3 mm embie growing away! 

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I go by feel at this point. But I do it not nearly as much as before. Used to be a weekly thing--now it's probably every 3-4 weeks :)
  • I use my DH's beard trimmer... Bahahaha
  • jmolrjmolr member
    I just scheduled a brazilian wax tomorrow for this very reason.  I'm the worst shaver to begin with, forget about shaving with a 30 week baby belly in the way. 
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"