1st Trimester

Moms who breast fed

How many moms who have breast fed in the past actually had their child in a crib in their own room? We're trying to find a king bed to have the baby sleep with us isn't it easier that way?

Re: Moms who breast fed

• We kept DS in a PnP in our room for several months and occasionally he slept with us.  But he still napped in his own crib.  Our current routine is to put him down in his crib and then bring him to bed with us when we go to sleep.  It works out perfectly.  We BF until 14 months.

Co-sleeping is definitely helpful in a nursing relationship, but not required.  
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • nah82nah82 member
    We used a bassinet in our room with the first baby and the pack and play in our room with the second.  Sometimes I would fall asleep with them in our bed, but I didn't make a habit of it because I was paranoid.  I would wake up and freak out searching the blankets thinking the baby had gotten suffocated under the blankets, when he was safely in his bassinet/pack and play.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We coslept with DS in our queen size bed just fine, we have a large master bedroom, but the set up is weird, so we can't fit a king size bed where we want it.  We also kept a PnP at the foot of the bed and he slept in there a lot too.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We did not bed share, but we kept the crib in our room for the first few months with all three kids.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • mrm092mrm092 member
    We tried having our daughter sleep in her crib but she was not having it. She slept in a swing next to our bed and then a pack n play. It was a lot easier bc you can roll over, pick up baby and feed baby with out getting out of bed.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO slept in his bouncer seat from 0-8 weeks due to reflux.  After that we moved him to his crib with an elevated mattress.

I breastfeed up until 6 months.   I would just go into his room and sit with him while he was nursing and doze in the chiar and then when he was done put him back in his crib.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Dd sleeps either in her rnp next to my bed and eventually moves in to the bed with me. I breastfeed laying down so she can eat and I can sleep.

It's a BOY

• DD1 slept in a pack n play next to our bed for 8 weeks. Then, went to her own crib in her own room because she was already sleeping long stretches.
    DD2 was the total opposite and co-sleeping ended up being what worked best for that situation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You could get a co-sleeper- it would be a lot cheaper than buying a king bed. After you feel comfortable leaving LO in their room, buy a crib. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Dd slept in a bassinet in our room for the first few months.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • aetgaetg member
    Google sidecar cribs. We did that with my son and it was a lifesaver. Before we did that I was always falling asleep with him while feeding in the rocker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS was in his own crib in his room down the hall at 2 weeks old. We were all just keeping eachother up in the same room so it worked best for us. We nursed until he was 18 months old.
  • PnP first couple of months then co sleep. Nursing till now.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • My daughter had her own crib in the next room however she primarily slept in bed with us. I slept with her cradled in my arm as she breast fed. Some nights I would put her in her crib but most of the time she was in our bed.

• mmookimmooki member
    edited June 2014
    Dd slept in a rock n play for 2 months or so, in our room next to our bed. Once she was transitioned to her crib, she would start in there and I would nurse in the glider when she woke up. I went back to work when she was 5 months old and she would end up in our bed so she could nurse as needed and I could get sleep.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• It is much easier having baby sleep near you. We bed share until they nightwean and then we sidecar a crib next to the bed. I think it's easier for me because my husband works nights and is rarely in the bed with us.
    Mommy to Trey (7/15/04), Lennon (2/22/08), Charlie (6/24/10), and Samuel (10/26/12) BabyFetus Ticker ExerciseMilestone image image image
  • My kiddo was in his own crib from day one and it never limited nursing in any way. I would not consider bed sharing an option for us in any way.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• I wouldn't buy a king size bed just for this purpose. I did have both children sleep with me for the first hmm 8 weeks or so but after that they were in their cribs. I only breastfed my first for about 5 weeks maybe and my second for 7 months. It was easier with breastfeeding but I think I did it more so because we all got better sleep that way initially, as in when they are newborns and wake up often to eat.

You never know how it's going to go! I am going to try to get this baby sleeping in her or her crib as soon as possible, but I am not planning on breastfeeding this time around.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • We have an arms reach co sleeper and our DD slept in it until she was 5 months old. She was no longer waking up multiple times during the night to nurse. I recommend a co sleeper vs baby in bed with you. Much safer for baby. 
  • I BF for a year and my daughter was in her crib from day 1. Yes it meant a little more walking for me in the middle of the night but having some separation was needed for both of us.   I sleep far better and we didn't have to go through the dreaded transition phase so many moms I know talk about when moving little one in to their own room/bed. 

She nursed until 13 months.

You'll have to figure out what is best for you both and go from there!

BFP#1 8/24/11, EDD 5/5/12, D&C 10/24/11 due to missed m/c

BFP #2 2/1/12, EDD 10/11/12.  Baby arrived 10/9/12

BFP #3 5/6/14, EDD 1/14/15

• I BF both of my kids for a year or a bit more and they were in the bassinet of the pack and play for maybe at the longest a month then in the crib in their own room.  I could hear them through the monitor and sometimes not rushing to them right away let them fall back asleep.  It also let my husband sleep so at least one of us was fully functional.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DD slept in the Pack 'N Play in the front room for the first 3 months.....she was jaundice and this helped since it was near a large window. There was a super comfy couch and some nights I would sleep there instead of going back into our room.

After three months, DD was moved into her own room in her crib. I never fed her in our bed. I was too paranoid about falling asleep with her and something happening......
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son was in his own crib in his own room at 4 weeks. He was ebf and I never had to supplement with formula. I found that I actually slept better in a different room because he was a noisy sleeper and he was waking me up every 40 minutes or so. It was fine. I would hear him wake up in the monitor, I would walk across the hall, nurse him in the recliner, and go back to bed.
    imageimageimage
  • jnedenjneden member
    It depends. We had our daughter in a bassinet next to the bed for the first month and then moved her to her own room when she was a month old. Also, I would take her into her room or down stairs to nurse during night feedings because DH had to get up for work and I didn't want to wake him. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS was in a Rock N Play sleeper next to our bed until he was about two months old, then in a crib in his own room. I nursed him until he was 16 and a half months old. We didn't bed share with him because I was too paranoid about DH rolling over on him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"