December 2013 Moms

would you pay money for this

2»

Re: would you pay money for this

• ChiAmyChiAmy member

I understand not everyone wants to pay that much for photos...however the people I am aiming for are those people who are not wanting to pay $500 and up for a session but also want something other than picture people/jc penny etc.

I also see many people around here $65 for 100 pictures. Who wants 100 pictures. I want 10 or so good ones.....Also those people are not giving good quality. Just my opinion.

• ChiAmyChiAmy member
    edited February 2015
    said:
    You should do a few free sessions to build your portfolio, get reviews etc. I wouldn't pay a new photographer with minimal experience when I could get a groupon or something like mentioned above. But I'd be a guinea pig for someone building their portfolio.
    I mentioned earlier that I am .I have been doingfree sessions for a few months now and I am going to offer $50 sessions to start. That is cheap around here.

• Loading the player...
  • Do you have a website/blog? I wouldn't hire a photag without one. And people can tell when all your portfolio pics are of the same kid/s, so make sure you have enough variety.
  • ChiAmyChiAmy member
    KateMW said:
    Do you have a website/blog? I wouldn't hire a photag without one. And people can tell when all your portfolio pics are of the same kid/s, so make sure you have enough variety.
    I just started my facebook page and am working on the website.  I have done around 10 people so I have a variety.  : )

• ChiAmyChiAmy member

https://patriciaandersonphotography.com/blog/

just an example of what people charge around here.  This is the photographer that did Anya's newborn shots....20 min. 6 images $350.

• ChiAmy said:

just an example of what people charge around here.  This is the photographer that did Anya's newborn shots....20 min. 6 images $350.

I don't live in Chicago, but I would think that there are PLENTY of people who take fantastic photos and charge way less that $350 for 20 mins. If that's what you're expecting to get. I would prepare for your growth to be very slow. I can't believe that price!!

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• ChiAmyChiAmy member
    RanFan28 said:

I don't live in Chicago, but I would think that there are PLENTY of people who take fantastic photos and charge way less that $350 for 20 mins. If that's what you're expecting to get. I would prepare for your growth to be very slow. I can't believe that price!!
    I can't believe it either and I could never be her....I'm just saying what some people charge and are booked all the time.

• ChiAmyChiAmy member
    20 minutes doesn't seem like enough time for a newborn photo shoot? Ours was about 2 1/2 hrs. But if this is something you really want to pursue - check out Stephanie Cotta photography - she's on FB and is amazing. She sells guides and does many classes all over the country.
    She is not doing newborn shoots..these are just shoots. Our newborn shoot with her was 4 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"