Breastfeeding

I think we might be finished after 3.5 years

I don't post a ton, but did want to share with someone.  I think that my 3.5 yr old DS has officially weaned.  I'm not sad since I am ~27 weeks pregnant with #2, and the process towards weaning has been very, very gradual.  It was a combination of him losing interest and a gentle nudge from me occasionally, so it really felt like a natural progression for both of us.  There have been no tears and my DS still gets lots of snuggles in the mornings (our last nursing session).  Now I get a 13 week break before #2 makes her appearance :)

And for the record, when I was pregnant with DS I had no intention of nursing for over three years.  My goal was six months, and once we hit a year I told myself 18 months, which then turned to two years.  On his second birthday I decided to throw out any particular goal and go with the flow.  Nursing a toddler/preschooler helped me a lot as a parent, through several big transitions (daycares, preschool, moving, etc) as well as smaller day-to-day bumps in the road.  I don't think it is for everyone, and I don't know how long I will nurse #2 for, but I would encourage those of you who are interested in extended BFing to give it a chance.   
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think we might be finished after 3.5 years

• Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story, very inspirational. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!! What a great story :)
  • Congratulations!
  • flclflcl member
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your sweet story!

@aditigirl: I know it's still you but I'm a little sad not seeing "haygurlhay" under your profile pic.

• Thanks for sharing. DD is turning 4 in july and is still nursing 2-3 times daily. Still dnt know if my supply will tank im on my 3rd month of PG. Happy for u and agree that extended BFing shld be given a chance

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"