Stay at Home Moms
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    I think the Duggar had a pot luck wedding...the last one? Name probably starts with a J? She had some wedding "team" that was doing all sorts of shit for her. Train Wreck.
  • Options
    My UO is apparently that I am a huge soccer fan--all the time. I was a little disappointed when I picked DS up from his basketball camp at halftime today and the rec center was packed. I wanted to yell at everyone to go home and watch the game. Bandwagon fans are A-okay with me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HBirdie said:

cjcouple said:

I am annoyed my nephews b-day party is a pot luck. I usually bring something to most parties anyway but something about this "obligation" is bothering me. lol

The older I get the more I dislike pot lucks in general. I always bring some,thing anyway but I just don't like pot lucks. Something about come to a party but bring your own food bothers me.

--------------------------------------------stupid quote feature sucks-----------------------

I can beat all- I went to a potluck wedding once. Let that sink in. Potluck wedding.

You have GOT to be kidding me.
    DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband is a fan, not a big fan but will catch a game every once in awhile. BIL is a huge fan. So glad we're not at the beach on the annual family trip right now...usually it's full of soccer and cycling. Ugh.
  • Options
    Does this make soccer more appealing?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Does this make soccer more appealing? image

No they are not even close to hot. Beckham, hot those guys nope not so much.
  • Options
    You just have to ignore their faces. ;)
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:
    You just have to ignore their faces. ;)
    Most of them look like they're still in high school. :-??
    Average age of men's national team is 27.
  • Options
    DS will play soccer this Fall at age barely 5. We are excited for that. Otherwise, we are football fans in this house. DH and my Dad were watching the World Cup on Sunday and were so pissed at the end. I was like, WTF, you never watch soccer. Ever. But now it's a super big deal. DH also gets like that with the World Series but we never watch baseball otherwise. BUT, with football, we aren't just Super Bowl fans, even though we have a killer party every year. We watch, or go to, the Colts game, every weekend.
    DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am bringing this over from the "Celebrity" post because I realize this is most likely unpopular. I love Carrie Underwood. LOVE her!!!
  • Options
    cjcouple said:

The one where is says I don't want to teach anymore. BUT she never actually taught.....lol

I think she is from this board.  
    That post is crazy. What state issues credentials and the same year declares them invalid?! Did I read that wrong or something? Also, teaching for less than a month does not give you a realistic view of teaching. Sounds like she needs to find a new career.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    KC_13 said:
    I'm team AG here--fairweather fans are just the worst. I could imagine it annoys athletes too--like hey, i only care about you if you're doing well.
    I don't really think there's anything wrong with fairweather fans. I can imagine that it's just a fun time to be part of a human experience and getting into it when many are excited at once (a la world cup), when the rest of the year it's not quite as exciting.

With that being said, I am consistent...I couldn't care less during non-world cup time, or during the world cup.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • Options
    trizzie said:
    My husband might be the only American who cares about soccer all the time. He watches every soccer game ever on (Manchester, etc).  I could give two flips about soccer, but the man is a major fan.  The World Cup is like the greatest thing ever to him.  (Personally, I am in the other room streaming the Good Wife. Why have I never watched that? Great show).
    I never ever come in these threads but I have to say that you and me, we are totes twinkies regarding the above ;) My husband plays soccer in 3 leagues and LOVES it, year round. He even plays some soccer game on his XBOX. He's obsessed and oh, SO HAPPY we are in TX so he can stay up all night watching the World Cup he recorded while at work.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    amy052006 said:
    I have been hearing soccer is "breaking through" in America for like 15 years. It is boring as all hell. And the falling. Jesus.
    It's called "flopping" and it's hilarious!!! It's honestly the ONLY part I'll come into the room to watch. :)

• Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member
    edited June 2014
    Andrewsgal said:
    cjcouple said:
    I am annoyed my nephews b-day party is a pot luck. I usually bring something to most parties anyway but something about this "obligation" is bothering me. lol

The older I get the more I dislike pot lucks in general. I always bring some,thing anyway but I just don't like pot lucks. Something about come to a party but bring your own food bothers me.

--------------------------------------------stupid quote feature sucks-----------------------

I can beat all- I went to a potluck wedding once. Let that sink in. Potluck wedding. You have GOT to be kidding me.

-------------------freaking quote fail again-------------------------------
    True story. It was at a park and very informal. Folding tables for the food to go on, disposable plates and cups, the ceremony lasted about six minutes total, no wedding party, no seating (you were supposed to bring a blanket to sit on during the ceremony), and at the end they played tug-o-war and had a pinata. It was fun but definitely interesting.
  • Options
    What's the thing with daycare?

• Options
    They sound like peaches...or bitches. I want to get a job and go post there.
  • Options
    NandaB said:
    @tobemrsshavers aren't you on vacation? Why are you here, you ahould be playing a board game with your husband ;)
    @nandaB - I'm in TX with my kids visiting the grandparents, DH is at home, working. boo :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"