July 2013 Moms

Thursday SPAM is good summer reading

Re: Thursday SPAM is good summer reading

• @spartanmomma - >:D< I'm so sorry. I really hope your appointment helps! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies :)  J13 does have some of the cutest babies and siblings :D
  • @JStahl678, so do we have the same MIL??  I hate discussing anything about the boys' sleep with her--when we are at their house and she puts DS1 to bed, she will say something the next morning like "well, we were going to put him to bed but then he caught a 'second wind' and stayed up awhile"...uh, you had two kids--don't you know that when they start getting hyperactive around bedtime that means they are overtired and need to go down NOW??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• collers4 said:
    My LO will only nap in the crib for 30 minute stretches when I put him down. Then, I end up rocking him and he'll sleep in my arms for at least an hour more. When my mil puts him down? He'll sleep an hour or so in the crib or 2-3 hours on her couch. Why won't he sleep alone for meeee?!
    Sounds like your MIL and my MIL should swap places right now. She's striking out on the nap front and I'm scared I'm going to have an extremely cranky baby the rest of the day. I know how you feel though, I'm always jealous when anyone else gets a good long nap from DS and I can't.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Uhaul just royally screwed up my order!! Had to compile with their "plan" because there was no other way to get 70 bikes to my office! Urgh.

• @dinomama13 we are going to San Antonio.  My brother is in Air Force basic training right now.
    I knew it had to be Military City USA...aka dinomama13 stomping grounds ;) If you have a chance we should GTG! :)
    @LadyBlue07 oh man!  If you guys GTG you have to tell me!  I might have to figure out a way to get down there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

• KKinATXKKinATX member
    edited June 2014
    @dinomama13 I am jealous!  I think Lillie's is long enough but I could never get her to sit still to actually be able to do it!  How did you get him to sit?  I can't wait to start doing her hair, I love doing french braids!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

• EagleWifeEagleWife member
    edited June 2014
    merc5411 said:
    Hugs to ALL the mamas!

We're at the ILs this week, and it's actually going ok.  I think maybe because I've adopted a zen "it is what it is" philosophy to things for the next 4 days.  It helps.  Before, my MIL dunking my son in the water and acting like him coughing and choking is no big deal, would make me stabby and grab him back.  Now, I just calmly picked him up, and shot death eyes at my dh.  It works.....   3 more days.....
    WTF @merc5411!! Who dunks a baby?!?!

I wasn't DONE, Bump! ... I'm stabby for you. Holy hell.
  • casey78 said:
    It worked @eaglewife!! Well, kinda. I squeezed out enough to make even dc bottle and then booked it to airport. Splurging on terminal parking so I can have a soy latte for lunch. And, there is no way your slurpee baby is 50 weeks old. Mine sure isn't. [-(
    Woohoo, @casey78!!! That's awesome.

Lol... Leah is most definitely not 50 weeks then. :) She's just a little 5 weeker.
  • So guise, I'm still not on speaking terms with my co family. Do I bother sending an invite to lo's birthday? My mom told me to while we were talking. If I do, do I send one to her since I told her not to come when we got in the argument?
    I missed your post about the argument with your family--sorry, mama :(  Were they planning to come see you when your LO is born soon?  Maybe it would be worth it to send the invite, kind of a bday "olive branch" of sorts? (Or, even if they can't make it, maybe they would like to have a copy of the invite, just to keep?) But I don't know the details about the argument, so I guess I can't say for sure :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So guise, I'm still not on speaking terms with my co family. Do I bother sending an invite to lo's birthday? My mom told me to while we were talking. If I do, do I send one to her since I told her not to come when we got in the argument?

if you don't want to see them you could make those not invited some kind of 1st birthday announcement...pretty sure I have seen/heard of those.

• chiboo9 said:
    Posted on a local FB garage sale group I'm in. Any takers??
    omg WHAT?!  Hahahaha
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited June 2014
    chiboo9 said:

Posted on a local FB garage sale group I'm in. Any takers??

Yeahhh...worn one time too many I'd say.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @chiboo9‌ omg! Only worn once! =))

• At Olive Garden a young woman took pictures of every food item. Crazy digital diet or she thinks everyone on Facebook gives a crap!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"