January 2014 Moms

injuries caused from LO

So I am feeding dd right now. She just started a new thing where she flails her hands all over whipping me in the face. Well like 10 minutes ago while flailing she got her finger wedge up my nose and her razor sharp nails caught in my nose. I pulled her hands down and thought geez kid crazy hands, ouch. The next thing I know, my nose starts gushing blood.

So have any of u sustained any injures from your LO yet? If so what?
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: injuries caused from LO

• So many scratches on my chest from tiny razor-like fingernails pinching. Sigh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @PHXmom2be‌ that's crazy!

Mine also likes to pinch the lose skin on the top back past of my arm when she is nurses. She also gets it just right to make it really hurt.

• Loading the player...
  • My little guy loves to flail and ends up slugging me in the chest. He also pinches...my daughter did the pinching too. I used to have bruises on the back of my arms.

• I almost got a black eye from her kicking in my face... After a restless night, I found myself sleeping on the edge of our bed and her legs by my face. I learned she lifts her legs and slams them down when she wakes up.
  • DD did that to me while I was pregnant. We were playing and she jammed her finger up my nose. Then blood everywhere!

So far DS has bruised my eyebrow. He likes to headbutt my face and chest. I thought he split my lip open yesterday by doing the same thing. This morning while I was holding him he pinched one of my biopsy spots and almost ripped the scab off. I almost cried.
  • I was head butted on the mouth. My tooth jammed I to my lip which subsequently didn't heal for a good week+. He also scratches and now he's into grabbing my lip when I'm carrying him... Awesome.

• I've gotten a split lip from him throwing his head around while trying to burp him. I get scratched all the time while breast feeding. Nothing too bad though! Yet.
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Scratches. Lots of them. She also likes to go behind my neck and grab the hair and yank. When she sleeps on me, she kicks me in the vag.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I almost got a black eye from her kicking in my face... After a restless night, I found myself sleeping on the edge of our bed and her legs by my face. I learned she lifts her legs and slams them down when she wakes up.

What is up with them doing the whole lift theirs legs up and then slams them down on the crib mattress. DS does this too and whenever we travel we sleep in the same room with him at my parents etc. I can't sleep cause he does this. But now he sleeps mostly on his tummy, thank god. Ha ha!! It's annoying!!
  • EsthiEsthi member
    One of my kids mananged to scratch my cornea (trying to hug me ) with her little nail so badly... I had problems with it, for about 5 years. Nearly needed surgery. Eventually it healed . Was really no fun . The scar on my cornea kept opening up and causing lots of pain in general.
  • Esthi said:

One of my kids mananged to scratch my cornea (trying to hug me ) with her little nail so badly... I had problems with it, for about 5 years. Nearly needed surgery. Eventually it healed . Was really no fun . The scar on my cornea kept opening up and causing lots of pain in general.

Wow. That's major! I am glad it's finally healed.

• EsthiEsthi member
    Roses87 said:

Esthi said:

Wow. That's major! I am glad it's finally healed.
    Thanks so much . Yeah its quite unbelievable ... One little jump of a little one, caused a very lot of pain for years ! I did not have a clue that an eye can hurt this much. But apparently there are lots of nerve endings in the eye. One little part of your body is disfunctional can really affect you !!
  • km_mdkm_md member
    DD enjoys pinching and scratching while she eats. My grandma says it reminds her of a cat kneading it's claws before it lays down lol

• Mostly just pinching and scratching all the time - especially when breastfeeding.  Recently though she has started grabbing at my glasses and over the weekend she tore an earring out of my aunts ear.  Babies really are vicious. 

• DD scratches and pinches a lot, flails her arm all over while nursing, and almost always has my hair in her grasp. She kicks rather hard too. We call her our little bruiser sometimes.

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• When LO was younger (like 3-4 weeks) he grabbed my nipple and DID NOT LET GO!  My left boob has never been the same.  Other than that, just the typical scratches.
    Baby Boy Due 1.25.14
  • He scratches me and digs his nails into me. Pulls my hair. Head butts me. Kicks me. You name it he does it. He even figured out how to pinch me with his feet and pulls my hair with his toes.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • When I co-slept with DS1, he would always kick and try to dig his feet into my c/s scar.  This one likes to pinch, and does the odd head butt that DH is usually on the receiving end of, I've managed to learn to dodge them!
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Scratches and multiple head bumps. Usually right at my mouth which sucks because I have braces and they rub up against the inside of my mouth when he does that.

Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"