January 2013 Moms
Options

Leaking Through Night Diapers and Extra Pad! Solutions?

DD has been wearing night diapers and we have been putting in adult thick maxi pads but she has been even leaking out of those most nights. I just switched to a size 5 diaper and thought we could do without the pad but that was a big mistake, we had to give her a bath this morning and wash the sheets. I put in another maxi pad in the size 5 diapers tonight but does anyone have a better solution? She sleeps 11 hours but drinks a lot during the day. I just read the other post about the one child drinking excessive amounts and potential diabetes so I am going to start logging that too. But seriously, any ideas on keeping her dry when she sttn?

Re: Leaking Through Night Diapers and Extra Pad! Solutions?

• Options
    What brand do you use? Might be an absorbency issue there. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    I agree with @AshleyDehaven‌, could be the brand of diaper. We usually use Costco brand diapers but got huggies night time diapers because she was leaking through overnight.
    Does she get a drink or bottle right before bed? If she does, maybe push that earlier if possible.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use pampers overnight. I will try the Hughes and see if that is better. Usually she sips at a bottle before bed but doesn't drink that much of it
  • Options
    DS started leaking in his overnight Pampers a few weeks ago. Switching to Huggies overnight fixed the issue. I also switched back down to a size 4... he could fit a 4 or a 5, but the 4 gave him a snugger, less leaky fit I think.
  • Options
    Sep5BrideSep5Bride member
    edited June 2014
    I've never tried adding a pad to a diaper so I may be wrong, but it seems like using the pad would get in the way of the diaper's absorbency. A pad certainly isn't going to hold a bladder's worth of urine, and with the plastic backing it can't seep through to the diaper below it. I wonder if it's just filling up the pad and then leaking out the sides right away.

Maybe the diaper's actually too big and not sealing around her legs well enough. It sounds like she's not normally in a size 5, but size 5 sounds really big. DD is on the smaller size at 21/22 pounds, but she wears a size 3. Size 3 says it covers 16-28 pounds, and size 4 says 23-37 pounds.

Again, I've never tried the pad thing so I don't really know, but if it were me I'd get rid of the pad all together. If she's still leaking through, then I would try different style diapers. We use Luvs, nothing special, and DD's diapers are heavy and full in the morning, but never leak through.

Good luck!

• Options
    We use Huggies Overnights, and they work great for us. DS only leaks maybe once in a blue moon. His fit snug, I'm debating switching to bigger size but I'm worried about them being too loose therefore leaking. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Last night was successful with the size five and with the pad. The pads were suggested on various websites and were working for a long while. I will definitely buy the Huggies and try those out when this pack is out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"