Working Moms

NWMR- Holy Cow! A lot of kids!

Today I met with a student (I work in higher ed) that has 12 children. 12! I walked in to the lobby to greet her and I thought that we were having some kind of "kids day" that I didn't know about. They were all hers- and she only had 8 of them with her. I guess the other 4 were at home. Anyways, that was personally the largest family that I have ever met. I asked her what it was like to have a family that large and she said "sometimes fun, but mostly a pain in the ass"  :|

Re: NWMR- Holy Cow! A lot of kids!

• She brought 8 kids to the meeting!?  Did they all just cram in your office during the meeting?  @-)
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Wow, the most I've met besides my grandma's family (which doesn't count because I've never seen them all together and that's just what people did back in the day) is 8.  They were a nice family but very religious and a little odd.  Thinking about having that many kids gives me anxiety.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't get past the fact that she brought 8 kids to a meeting. And what do you drive when you have 12 kids? One of those passenger vans or a small bus I guess.

Anyway, I have a friend who is one of 9 and my MIL is one of 10 but even though DS is at Catholic school I don't know anyone with more than 12. Lots of families with 4 or 5 kids though.

• Just to clarify- she did not bring them all in to the meeting. Daddy was there too and he waited in the lobby with the kids. You should have seen the front desk girls :) And I swear that all of the kids were under the age of 10. My parents both came from families of 6 and I have always thought that was huge. I have 3 kids and I think that's pretty large. But 12? wow. 
  • My grandma was one of 12 but that was during the depression era...I had a coworker who had seven, but that's the most I've ever heard of!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • My co-worker has 6.  Her husband is a SAHD and not a very good one from the way she talks.  It sounds like their house is a zoo.  I'd have to run a tight ship with that many kids!
  • My neighbor is the youngest of 7. She has not told me good things about having that many older siblings. She is one and done!
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • 2-Step2-Step member
    There were a few families growing up that were part of a small church in the area that was all about having lots of kids. Not sure what it was exactly, but the families each had 13-15 children. They were actually all very well-behaved kids and the dad of one family was one of the best teachers at the high school who everyone loved. I don't know how they did it.
  • Hey, I applaud people who have (and enjoy, even remotely) their large numbers of children. Two is my mental limit. I would freak the eff out if I had more than two. Huge props to huge families.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"