January 2014 Moms

Congestion

DS has been pretty congested for about a week now. No fever, coughing or sneezing with it. Just stuffy. When I lay him down at night he can only stay asleep 1-2 hrs before it wakes him up. I've done saline/suction, taking him into the steamy bathroom as well as a humidifier. None seem to help. Anyone have any other suggestions for making him more comfortable?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered lately. This stupid update isn't allowing me to do anything I want!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Congestion

• I will update you bc we are going to the pedi again today. Over the weekend Grace spiked a temp then Monday turned to congestion and cough. Virus. But now it's a hacking cough with congestion.
  • Put a rolled blanket under one end of his mattress to elevate him. Rub baby Vicks on his feet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Could be nasal swelling as well, making it worse.  If he will tolerate it put a cool cloth on his forehead between his eyes.  It might relieve it for a little while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Following this because Adam has been so congested for about 2 weeks. No fever and he's still sleeping pretty well. I've been using the Nosefrida a ton though.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • cnctfcnctf member
    DD has been stuffy for a week and a half now. It's finally getting better. The nose frida worked to suck things out, but it was no easy task.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Does the nose Frida also add to the swelling? I know if you bulb suction too much the nasal passages swell adding to the congestion. But I don't know how that works.
  • My ped said that using the nosefrida a lot can cause irritation. When DS is congested I suction at least 3x day and MOTN so he can breathe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been suctioning 3x/day because I didn't want to over do it. I also went ahead and slightly elevated his crib mattress and will try some baby Vicks and a cool rag tonight. Hopefully these stuffy babes get some relief soon!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

• Well we added small wheezing now do Grace is on a nebulizer. For the nasal congestion saline drops, humidifier and limited suctioning.
  • Goodness @Sweetiejules12‌ hope she gets well quickly!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

• I'm not sure if it was one thing in particular, but Hudson slept undisturbed last night with no snotty-ness this morning. I tried all of the tips you ladies suggested. Thank you!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"