Natural Birth

Any preeclampsia/natural birth stories?

Hi everyone... I've never posted here, just lurked. I'm usually over on my Birth Month board. Has anyone here ever had a successful natural delivery after being diagnosed with preeclampsia? It has not yet been officially diagnosed by my doctor as we are still waiting on my urine test results to come back but many signs are pointing to yes. :( I would never do anything to jeopardize the health of my baby or even myself but I'm a little bummed at the idea I may not be able to go through with no meds. 

I totally understand I may be jumping the gun and I may not even have preeclampsia but I'd love to hear your stories.

Jess & Jason | DSS 8 | DSD 6
VR 4/20/2013 | BFP 1/5/2014 | Baby Girl EDD 9/9/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any preeclampsia/natural birth stories?

• With DS my protein levels started to rise and we made the decision to induce. I was 39 weeks. Went in Wed afternoon. Had Cervadil placed at 7pm. My contractions started pretty quickly but they weren't painful. Cervadil was removed at 5am because I was in active labor. Dr broke my water at 7am and said "see you in a few hours." I was at 10 by 9am. She arrived at 9:17 and DS made his arrival at 9:25.

Good luck :-)
    ~I give up. No siggie for me~
  • I didn't have pre-e but had blood pressure spikes with both pregnancies. Had to be on IV meds for it both times, and labored on my left side to keep BP down. But both times I had natural birth, even though pitocin was used both times. It kind of sucks, but it doesn't have to ruin your birth experience. Just do what you need to do to get a healthy baby and mama. However baby needs to get here is what will happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"