January 2014 Moms

Just for Fun Bridesmaid Poll

last14reallast14real member
edited June 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Ok so this is a random for fun poll, how many of you ladies have been a bridesmaid and how many times? This poll was prompted by a married friend of mine who is soon to be in her SIL's wedding. She will be wearing a gorgeous neon orange short dress with a foofy underskirt, green and orange chucks, and rocking her 5 month (4th kid) prego belly:) Anyone want to share thoughts or pics on your awesome Bridesmaid outfits?

Just for Fun Bridesmaid Poll 145 votes

0-Never had the "pleasure"
20% 29 votes
22% 33 votes
18% 27 votes
15% 22 votes
9% 14 votes
5+ "The great thing is you can shorten it and wear it again!"
11% 17 votes
SS
2% 3 votes

Re: Just for Fun Bridesmaid Poll

• I was a bridesmaid 9 times. Thank God everyone is married off. One is divorced already. I did shorten my one dress and never wore it again. It was that pain in the ass taffeta that is noisy when you walk, so I never wanted to wear it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Only twice, though there were 3 times that I thought I would have been a bridesmaid but I was wrong. Two of those were my SILs, but apparently they didn't feel the need to include me. I love everything about weddings.

• Loading the player...
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    edited June 2014
    Technically, none. I had to say no to two of my friends. Once because she postponed the wedding and by the time she rescheduled I would have been 8 months pregnant and living across the country. The second time we were living in Scotland and already flying home to DH's brother's wedding. It would have been too much to fly back for my friend's wedding two months later. 

Also, I bowed out of a wedding before. It was one of my best friends from high school. She was young, immature, not in love, only marrying because he had money, and a fucking bridezilla to boot. I knew dropping out of the wedding would mean the end of our friendship, but I was already looking for a way out. Best decision ever. She divorced him two years later. Ha. That easily saved me over $1000. 

My sister is getting married next year. I am matron of honor. I hate the word matron, but she is refusing to call me maid because I am married. 

ETA: I was not so kind to my bridesmaids/ jr. bridesmaids. I do not think they ever wore their dresses again....

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• cnctfcnctf member
    Zero. Nada. Zilch. None of my close girl friends wanna get hitched..Actually let me rephrase that, no men wanna marry my friends! Heheh. JK. Sorta. 
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have been MOH twice and am a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding next month. I have never worn the dresses again. 

I only had my sisters in my wedding and I think one rewore her dress to a gala. I knew they probably were not going to re wear them, but it was my wedding and it is what I wanted them to wear

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've been a bridesmaid four times. One of the dresses I did wear again and got lots of compliments on it. Another I was planning to wear again but then the cat got at it and shredded it. Oops.

I had zero bridesmaids at my wedding. I was about the last of my friends to get married, most already had kids and I knew none of them needed to be spending money on a dress they would wear for four hours. I gave them the gift of not having to stand for me. :) Plus, DH is from England and none of his friends could come for the wedding so he wouldn't have had anyone standing for him and it would have looked funny. And sad for him like he had no friends. :) Anyway, no regrets at all about being bridesmaid-less! I had friends give readings and do other things on the day instead, and still got pictures with them.
  • I was not a fan of the dress I had to wear for my BFF's wedding, I feel like it looked good (not great) on all of us.  My bridesmaids had a big say in the dress choice and I know that at least 2  out of the 4 did wear it again.
    imageimage

image             image             
        Baby K is 3 months old!                     Max: The original fur baby            
  • Well I thought I had been one a lot with my being a bridesmaid 6 times and having been asked 7, but not quite 9 like @MiaMyPuggle ! My bridesmaid experiences went like this
    1. Friend from Highschool-Divorced
    2. Brother of 3 yr long boyfriend-Divorced
    3. My sister-Still Married
    4. Asked by my best friend, but had to say no bc Air Force BMT-Divorced
    5.-My Brother and SIL-Still Married
    6.-Same friend as #4, 4 yrs later, waaayyy better go-Still Married
    7.-Different friend from highschool-Still Married

The dresses I picked for my bridesmaids probably were not ever reworn and honestly if I could go back I would not pick them. Would not have chosen my dress either, my style has changed a lot since then. I really wish I would have gone more classic. Also the hair for my wedding party was AWFUL! Here are a couple pics, crappy quality sorry!
    My photographer thought it would be a good idea to pose us as mushrooms in the messy dressing room...

Here you can see the dresses, not good choice on my part. Sorry Ladies!
  • last14reallast14real member
    edited June 2014
    Oh and here's something fun! Do you see the wooden step in the above pic that DH and I are standing on in the above pic? Ya, I forgot about it during the wedding, fell off it, turned my ankle and said SHIT!! Apparently loud enough for the priest, bridal party and first few rows of guests to be horrified/laughing at me. 
  • km_mdkm_md member
    I haven't done it yet but I'm in the wedding parties of my two best friends who are both getting married next year. I already have the dress for one and it's actually quite nice.

• I can't even count.  A lot.  And I'm not done yet... both of my SIL's are about to be engaged and I know my sister will be married again too.  So I think I'll end up being in about 10-12 weddings.  I think.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Bridesmaid 6 times here and I'll never re-wear any of the dresses except for one (black satin above the knee dress). All the others were terrible. But, I made my bridesmaids wear green and yellow lol, so I gave it back to them. 

I'm hoping I'm done being a bridesmaid, but there are a few straggler friends who have may still get married. Probably at that point I might just say no, but who knows. I love getting my hair and nails done. 
  • Only twice, though there were 3 times that I thought I would have been a bridesmaid but I was wrong. Two of those were my SILs, but apparently they didn't feel the need to include me. I love everything about weddings.
    @sugarland726‌ I didn't ask either of my SIL's. I hope they don't resent me for it, their brother didn't want them in the wedding. We went the LBD route, but my girls ended up finding a dress they all loved when we were shopping for mine, so they all matched. I'm the maid of Honour at my BFF's wedding, and am wearing the dress she wore to mine. Success! It'll be the 10th time it's been worn between the two of us
    @jessicabcairns, I will elaborate that not only was I not a bridesmaid, I was not invited to be a part of any of the family photos. DH and I had been married for 2 years at that point and together for 6. Yet I was not considered a part of the family. Frankly, I find that inexcusable. So I've got a bit of a chip on my shoulder about the whole thing.

• 6 times for me and one more next May. Most of my really close friends are married now. I would never wear any of the dresses again, most of them were long. And I actually threw half of them out in the trash. They were either badly stained or the bottoms were so nasty, from the dirty floor/beer etc. Except my friend Kelli's wedding we had cute short dresses but they were a yellow color, ha ha!! It was more of a darker yellow, it was pretty but I would never wear it again.
  • Three for me! And will be at least 2 more times for my sisters (who both have beautiful taste and my parents will pay for the dresses so yay for me). One of the dresses I still wear sometimes, which was paid for by the bride (awesome), one was super expensive and on my dime, will never wear again (not so awesome), and the other was just okay, will never wear again, but paid for by the bride (fine by me).

For my bridesmaids, I gave a colour scheme (various shades of green/blue/turquoise), and loose criteria (around knee length, fabric nicer than a cotton sun dress, and solid colour/no patterns, beige or nude shoes) and gave each girl a certain amount of money - said they could pay less and pocket the extra, or pay more out of pocket, I didn't care. I have to say they looked AMAZING and the dresses, although different, looked so beautiful together. And I know they'll wear their dresses again because they picked dresses that fit their style and body type, which is what I wanted
  • Just once, for my mom when I was around 13. I don't have a lot of close friends and the ones that I have don't seem to be in a hurry to get married. For my wedding I had three bridesmaids, my best friend form high school, college roommate, and my little sister who was 11. they all liked how their dresses looked on them they were dark red, long, empire waist but I don't see any of them wearing them again. They were very inexpensive though 

imageimage

• Were I to re-do our wedding one change I'd make is only one bridesmaid instead of three.

They just seem unnecessary in the grand scheme of the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• I think I've been in eight weddings. I shortened two skirts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

@sugarland726‌ I didn't ask either of my SIL's. I hope they don't resent me for it, their brother didn't want them in the wedding. We went the LBD route, but my girls ended up finding a dress they all loved when we were shopping for mine, so they all matched. I'm the maid of Honour at my BFF's wedding, and am wearing the dress she wore to mine. Success! It'll be the 10th time it's been worn between the two of us
    @jessicabcairns, I will elaborate that not only was I not a bridesmaid, I was not invited to be a part of any of the family photos. DH and I had been married for 2 years at that point and together for 6. Yet I was not considered a part of the family. Frankly, I find that inexcusable. So I've got a bit of a chip on my shoulder about the whole thing.
    That's awful. I didn't ask my SIL to be a bridesmaid (to be fair, we only really got to know her after I had already picked my bridesmaids. Shortly after my engagement we found out my brother's girlfriend, who we hadn't met yet, was pregnant. By the time my wedding came around she had had my nephew and was fully part of the family). She and my brother are getting married this summer and she didn't ask me or either of my sisters, although we're relatively close and all love her. I definitely don't care and don't think she did either. BUT she was in all of our family photos, and I'm sure we'll be in her family photos. If you SILs had included you in other ways I would guess you wouldn't feel hurt about being left out of the wedding party. Sounds like they kinda suck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"