January 2014 Moms

Napping trouble solutions

I feel like many of us are having some trouble getting LOs down for naps and/or staying asleep for longer than 30-45 minute naps.  So what are your strategies? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Napping trouble solutions

• We are trying shush/pat and pick up/put down, but it still takes LO about 45 minutes to go down for a 30 minute nap.

• I started the Sleep Lady Shuffle yesterday for naps only since she co-sleeps at night. It's working out really well. I got the Good Night Sleep Tight Workbook on my Nook. It was a super quick read, and I even downloaded it on my iPhone on my Nook app.

Her philosophy for naps is that anything under 45 mins is a "disaster nap" and you should help LO get back to sleep. I actually just did this with DD since our landlord knocking on our door woke her up. She was back to sleep in about 10 minutes. This is much better than yesterday already, considering the one time I had to put her back down I hit the 1-hour soothing limit and had to end the nap!

• Loading the player...
  • thanks @tahloulah10 we will read that one too.

• I started the Sleep Lady Shuffle yesterday for naps only since she co-sleeps at night. It's working out really well. I got the Good Night Sleep Tight Workbook on my Nook. It was a super quick read, and I even downloaded it on my iPhone on my Nook app.

Her philosophy for naps is that anything under 45 mins is a "disaster nap" and you should help LO get back to sleep. I actually just did this with DD since our landlord knocking on our door woke her up. She was back to sleep in about 10 minutes. This is much better than yesterday already, considering the one time I had to put her back down I hit the 1-hour soothing limit and had to end the nap!

This is similar to the philosophy in healthy sleep habits.

I generally follow the 2 hr wakefulness routine. Sometimes it's longer bit most times it's pretty much right on. Most days we're still at 3 naps or he will wake up way too early in the morning.

I usually nurse before sleep times so he's either almost sleeping or sleeping when I put him down.

• It's tough bc DH is home with him during the day right now, and we follow the 2 hour wakeful. It's just that once we start the nap process he fights it and once he's down, he wakes up after 30-45 and will only settle down and sleep in DH's arms.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"