Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

am i using the swing too much

it seems lately the only surefire way to get LO to nap during the day is putting her in the swing.  she'll fall asleep instantly in this thing.  my only concern is at night time when we put her down in her crib she struggles to sleep half the time.  

is it bad to use the swing so much for naps? she's about 7 wks now

TTC#2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: am i using the swing too much

• Options
    For my LO who's 11 wks, the 'easiest' and most consistent nap is the first nap of the day. Not sure if same for your LO but my suggestion would be to put LO in crib for first nap of day and then swing for later naps. I wouldn't want them to get too dependent on the swing to fall asleep. Just my opinion!!
  • Options
    No!  At 7 weeks let them sleep wherever you can.  At that age my LOs slept in the swing or while I wore them in the Moby.  You have plenty of time to figure out proper sleep arrangements.  DS slept in the swing at night until 6 mos or so.  Not really a big deal.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ashiscute said:
    No!  At 7 weeks let them sleep wherever you can.  At that age my LOs slept in the swing or while I wore them in the Moby.  You have plenty of time to figure out proper sleep arrangements.  DS slept in the swing at night until 6 mos or so.  Not really a big deal.  
    thank you this makes me feel better! my mom had commented that if i put LO in the swing so much now that she'll grow dependent on it.  

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
  • Options
    Just remember there are no 18 year olds who are sleeping in there baby swings!  (Although if there were an adult version I would definitely buy it!)
  • Options
    Pedi says first 3 to 4 months you can't spoil a baby so do whatever works for you and the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"