September 2012 Moms
Options

E-mail Service

I am dissatisfied with Yahoo. Can you guys recommend your (free) e-mail service and tell me why you like it?

I recently became a Young Living Essential Oil distributor (TOS? let me know if I need to delete), and my e-mails aren't going through. I don't want to follow up with people because I don't want them to think I am being pushy. I just can't figure out why the e-mails aren't going through. Also, I used to be able to sort the mail by who it was from to delete the junk easier, and now I can't do that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: E-mail Service

• Options
    I use Gmail - I like it SO much better than Yahoo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Gmail. I didn't know people still used yahoo on purpose.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still use it, mainly bc I don't feel like alerting everyone and everything that I've switched.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I still use it, mainly bc I don't feel like alerting everyone and everything that I've switched.
    Me too.
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    When I started using gmail, I just did it on a one by one email basis. Changed bills as they came in, friends or business as needed. I overlapped for a couple months. I still have an open yahoo account and check it every week or so to see if there is anything important. I mostly just get smap there now.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    You can also forward your yahoo to gmail until you get everything switched over.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I like my gmail best, but hotmail isn't bad for me. I get a little more spam (ALWAYS in the spam folder), but that's because it's my "junk mail" account that I use for shopping, etc.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Gmail.  We even use gmail at work.  It's a good email program.  

It filters out your junk really well and organizing email is really easy to do.  I use auto filters if I get something regularly that I want to be in it's own folder, and you can easily sort by who it's from to delete junk or stuff you don't need anymore.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    gmail here too!  I prefer it to anything else!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    Gmail here.  It feels organized and the calendar is awesome and since I have Gmail on my phone I get notifications there for email and agenda stuff.   I like using the chat messenger for gmail, too.  G+ isn't something I've figured out yet for networking but my neighbor seems to like it a lot.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options

@bunkinmama if you go to settings, there is a forwarding option.

'Enabling auto-forwarding

In your Yahoo Mail:

Mouse over the Settings menu icon Gear Icon and select Settings.
    - The Settings window appears with Accounts selected as the default category.
    To the right of "Yahoo Account," click Edit.
    Under "Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere," select Forward.
    Enter the email address your incoming messages will be sent to in the "Forwarding Address" field.
    Select your forwarding option from the drop-down menu:
    Forward only:
    Your incoming messages are automatically forwarded to your selected email address.
    Copies of the forwarded messages are not saved in your Yahoo Mail account.
    Store and forward: Your incoming messages are delivered to:
    Your Yahoo Mail account's Inbox (or other folder if you have filters set up).
    The forwarding email address you designated.
    Store and forward and mark as read: Your incoming messages are:
    Delivered to the forwarding email address you designated.
    Your Yahoo Mail account, where they're automatically marked as read. '

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Gmail for personal stuff, Outlook at work
  • Options

@bunkinmama if you go to settings, there is a forwarding option.

'Enabling auto-forwarding

In your Yahoo Mail:

Mouse over the Settings menu icon Gear Icon and select Settings.
    - The Settings window appears with Accounts selected as the default category.
    To the right of "Yahoo Account," click Edit.
    Under "Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere," select Forward.
    Enter the email address your incoming messages will be sent to in the "Forwarding Address" field.
    Select your forwarding option from the drop-down menu:
    Forward only:
    Your incoming messages are automatically forwarded to your selected email address.
    Copies of the forwarded messages are not saved in your Yahoo Mail account.
    Store and forward: Your incoming messages are delivered to:
    Your Yahoo Mail account's Inbox (or other folder if you have filters set up).
    The forwarding email address you designated.
    Store and forward and mark as read: Your incoming messages are:
    Delivered to the forwarding email address you designated.
    Your Yahoo Mail account, where they're automatically marked as read. '

Alright, I'm trying this.  If everything goes to hell, I'm blaming you!
  • Options
    There is no way in hell every combination of e-mails that I have tried are already taken. I hate having numbers in my e-mail address!

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    I actually have problems with my Gmail account more than my Yahoo. When I email from my gmail account on my phone it takes like 12 hours to send the email and it can go days without updating on my phone.  I can still sort by sender and delete that way from Yahoo. Are you using an app? Maybe that is the problem. I don't use the app.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I actually have problems with my Gmail account more than my Yahoo. When I email from my gmail account on my phone it takes like 12 hours to send the email and it can go days without updating on my phone.  I can still sort by sender and delete that way from Yahoo. Are you using an app? Maybe that is the problem. I don't use the app.
    I am trying to do it online... how are you sorting by sender?

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I have never had this problem with Gmail. Is it a service issue?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    Hotmail user here for this reason.  I know I'm a loser, but I have so much history in that email in folders and have had the address since 2000 so I can't get rid of it!!

I get annoyed with how Gmail groups things, but I'm sure I could get used to it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    kdsmith43 said:
    hmp1 said:
    I am trying to do it online... how are you sorting by sender?
    View - Sort by Sender

If you don't have that option, go to settings and uncheck Enable Conversations. Save. Then go to View and you should see it.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    hmp1 said:
    I have never had this problem with Gmail. Is it a service issue?
    I don't care enough to figure it out since my Yahoo works fine and that is my main account. My gmail account is only for a few things like Paypal.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Gmail. :) I really like the gmail app for iPhone- better for me than the Mail app.

• Options
    Plus it's really nice to have two gmail accounts (I have a regular and a BFingUSA one) and be able to have them both go to my app and switch between them easily.

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    kdsmith43 said:
    There is no way in hell every combination of e-mails that I have tried are already taken. I hate having numbers in my e-mail address!
    You could just do a gmail for your business name.YoungLiving@gmail.com.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I still have a yahoo account that was my first ever account. It's pretty much just junk mail now though.

I also have a personal gmail account.

My work also uses gmail for our work email, but you have to pay for that service.

Gmail annoyed me at first, but I took it off of conversation view, and now I like it just fine. I also like the undo send option & that it reminds you if you forgot to attach your attachment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"