January 2013 Moms

Proud mama sappy moment.

So as you all know, we have been tirelessly working with Thoren to overcome some developmental delays after he scored "high risk" for developing ASD on an MCHAT evaluation at 15 months. Today he is down to "Medium risk" after two months of therapy, and working with him every day. He has come such a long way, and he amazes me every single day. Language is still hard for him, but he has learned new ways to communicate, and is steadily becoming more social. The only downside is that with these new skills has come a whole new level of tantrums when he feels like he isn't the center of attention. But it's a phase that we'll get through it. Just wanted to share some happy, hope you're all doing wonderful.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: Proud mama sappy moment.

• That is such wonderful news!  It really is amazing the resources that are out there if you only take the time to ask.  I'm so glad you are seeing progress.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • I think all our little ones are going through a tantrum phase!! I'm so glad to hear that Thoren is improving!! It has to be a big relief to you!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • @jobiann - Haha that is true. It's just very new for him, new, and intense. Actually, i had a question for the board that i may as well ask here, when he gets fed up being in his pack n' play (when i need to get some chore done) he has started intentionally choking himself on the rail of the pen.. To the point of being red in the face, and tearing up. He gags and coughs, and if we ignore it like some websites have said he does it again. I am really worried that he is going to hurt himself. Is anyone else having issues like this? WWYD?

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• I've heard of toddlers doing similar things, my H's father actually held his breath when he was around 2 years old to get what he wanted...so far DS hasn't displayed any of these actions and hopefully never will. 

DS went through a phase a few months ago where he would bang his head on purpose on hard surfaces, windows, tables, etc. At first I tried to correct him but he just kept doing it, so then I ignored him thinking the worst thing to happen will be a red bump. And he stopped doing it in a matter of days. 

I don't really have any good advice for you, but I'm sure other Momma's have had experiences similar to yours. Keep asking around, when it doubt ask any of his doctors, they might have some good insight. 

We never put DS in a PNP, and he only goes in his crib for sleeping. We completely "kid proofed" our house, so I'm 100% comfortable with him just wondering around. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• My husband was a breath holder when he was little. My MIL told me they had to warn baby sitters because he would pass out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • spainy17 said:
    My husband was a breath holder when he was little. My MIL told me they had to warn baby sitters because he would pass out!
    O_O

Good grief.. I hope this phase passes quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"