January 2015 Moms

Did anyone measure 2 weeks behind at 1st u/s?

Hi ladies! Visiting from February '15. I am stuck in a terrible state of limbo right now, as my 1st a u/s (at what I am pretty sure I was 7 weeks) showed a gestational and yolk sac dating only 5 weeks. I was ordered a follow up scan on Thursday and the waiting is killing me. I can't focus on anything and keep breaking down. The tech said I had a 50/50 shot of miscarriage and I am beyond devastated. DH and I had been TTC our 2nd child for 8 months before our BFP last month on May 27th, what I beeline to be 11 dpo from charting. I just can't imagine having to go back to it all again :(. Trying to stay positive, but you all know what Dr. Google can do to a girl! Did any of you mamas measure 2 weeks early and catch up at your next appt? Praying, praying, praying....

BFP#1: 6.21.11 - DD born 3.6.12
BFP#2: 10.27.13 - Chemical Pregnancy
BFP#3: 5.27.14 - EDD 2.6.15 - MMC diagnosed at 8w3d - D&C 7.7.14
BFP#4: 1.9.15 - EDD 9.21.15 -  Praying for a sticky bean!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Did anyone measure 2 weeks behind at 1st u/s?

• I am so sorry! I know the waiting is awful, awful. I always had the hardest time with waiting till the ultrasound. Fingers crossed that the dates are just slightly off. Were you using an ovulation test? I do not know how likely it is about the timing being two weeks off, but due dates are often adjusted. IT is tough to keep trying and 8 months feels like forever but its a good sign to conceive at all, it means you can certainly conceive again. My husband and I started trying January  2013 and it took me till August to get a BFP and I miscarried at 6 weeks with that one. I was devestated myself - but I tried not to stress got another BFP April 28th - that probably sounds like a long time off for you but if you get pregnant once it will happen again ( Hopefulle this one sticks and you wont have to though! )

• I was 10 days off I thought I was 10 weeks and I measured 8weeks 3 days. I have really long cycles though so we weren't very worried. I'm still a bit concerned. I hope everything works out for you on Thursday. At least they are going to have you come back my doctor was so not concerned that she told me to come back in 4 weeks
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I measured 9 days behind. Doctor didn't seem too concerned as there was a hb (measured at 6w3d). I have a follow up u/s today (2 weeks later) just to make sure things are on track.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What day did you have the first ultrasound? There are always stories about dating being off due to one thing or another. I know you said you were charting (temps and OPKs? Can you post a link to your chart?) so you probably have a decent idea of how far along you should be, but you just never know. I wish you luck. 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• With my daughter, I measured a week behind for my US. They said she was "small". Then I continued to measure smaller even after they pushed back my due date. I was originally due on the 9 th of April. She was born on the 19th. She was 7lb9oz. Not at all small. Every time my doc told me I was small I would get light headed and so worried. It's normal to worry. Try not to though. I am a big believer that stress can harm your baby more than you think. Please try to relax and I will send positive thoughts that your baby is fine your dates are just off :)
  • I measured 5 days off at my first ultrasound.  I went back 3 weeks later for a follow up and measured another 4 days off, but everything looked OK and there was a heartbeat.  Try to relax until you go in for a follow up! FX! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• With my 2nd baby I ovulated on something like day 35 of my cycle, it was insane.  Based on my LMP I should have been at week 10, but in reality was around 6 weeks.  My 6 month old little girl is happy and healthy as can be.  Sometimes our bodies are wonky, take a deep breath and try stay busy for the next few days.  I know it is tough!

My girls: August 14, 2011 and December 5, 2013

• Always remember ovulation is not an exact science. We will never know. I though that I was 8 weeks and my due date was jan 10, 2015. But with the ultrasound I measured a six weeks. Two weeks behind. I still have a baby in there heartbeat gets stronger on my Doppler. Do not worry.
  • Do you have a longer cycle? I measured 11 days behind on my first because they assumed a 28 day cycle. Mine are anywhere between 34 & 37 days so 11 days behind makes sense....he was born 11 days early though, so who knows....basically by 20 weeks he had caught back up but they didn't re do the dates. This lo measured 10 days behind the mythical 28 day cycle but again is right around where I think it should be.

Fx for a good next scan
  • @GromMom‌ that is so reassuring to hear. I had given up charting when I finally got my BFP. My cycles are about what yours are and my baby measured exactly what yours have. This is very reassuring to me, hopefully also to OP
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for all of your sweet replies. I've been feeling pretty crappy with pg symptoms and praying we will see some development Thursday. I had my betas drawn Friday and they were around 17300, going back tomorrow am for a second draw. If the levels are going up, I will be so relieved.

BFP#1: 6.21.11 - DD born 3.6.12
    BFP#2: 10.27.13 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP#3: 5.27.14 - EDD 2.6.15 - MMC diagnosed at 8w3d - D&C 7.7.14
    BFP#4: 1.9.15 - EDD 9.21.15 -  Praying for a sticky bean!

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"