April 2014 Moms

Spit up way worse on boob than bottle.

Looking for some insight/pointers.

So the only time LO gets his entire meal nursing on me is first thing in the morning.  Otherwise he gets a top off or most of his meal from a bottle of pumped milk as I don't have enough for him later.

I burp him in the middle of each boob (or try to) and then between.  But after he's done he always spits up. Anywhere from a small amount multiple times to projectile. I keep him upright for a while..  

This doesnt happen later in the day at all.  Thoughts?

Thanks girlies.

Re: Spit up way worse on boob than bottle.

• Maybe he's hungry and is eating too fast?   He fills up before he has a chance to realize that he's not hungry anymore?

imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How content is he after one breast? If you're not emptying them out much over night you could just have a lot of milk in the morning and he's overeating a bit. ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had that issue with every feeding starting 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago we started "taking a snooze" after 1 breast or half of the bottle. Usually a 10 min break, followed by burping, then offering more.
    Also check positioning. I keep DS pretty upright while feeding from the breast, which also helps.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Thanks girls.  Overeating sounds the most likely.  It hadn't occurred to me as I didn't think I had that much milk - even in the morning after no emptying all night.  But apparently I do.  He actually got very sleepy after just one boob this morning (I wrote while he was eating) and he did have a little snooze, then didn't do much at all on boob2.  So maybe my supply is increasing. Yay!

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"