June 2014 Moms

Makenas Birth Story

Hello all-

Makena was born 6/20/14 at 2:38am weighing 7lbs 1oz, 19.5 in long. The delivery went amazingly well especially compared to my first delivery.

I went in for my 39 week appointment on the 19th and had a significantly elevated blood pressure from the previous week. My OB sent me to the hospital to go to fetal diagnostics and get a non-stress test as well as ultrasound and check some more blood pressures. My blood pressure eventually came down when lying and the ultrasound looked great. However during the non-stress test I had a few contractions and the baby had some decelerations in her heart rate. The perinatalogist there called my doctor and talked it over and they decided with the combination of factors, it was time for this baby to come out.

I was surprised but excited that I was going to soon meet my little girl. I didn't get to my L&D room until about 4pm but they were good about getting things rolling quickly. I got my antibiotics for being GBS positive and pitocin was started. I was already 3cm so had a head start. They broke my water around 9pm and soon after I got my epidural even though I was still 3cm. A few hours later they checked me and i was 6-7cm about 2 hours after that I was 9.5cm, and the nurse called the doctor. As the doctor was arriving I was feeling pressure and her head was right there ready to come out. 4 pushes and she was out! So much different than my 2 hours of pushing with my first one. Her cord was wrapped around her neck which could have explained the decelerations in heart rate. She was placed immediately on my chest as I had requested and I couldn't believe how much she looked like my other daughter. They were the same length when they were born and within an ounce of each others weight too! I had an amazing epidural this time around which I could not be more thankful for.

She had a lot of amniotic fluid in her stomach and threw up all day the next day and didnt feed too well but since then has gotten much better. Her feeding has picked up since then and we are completely in love. Her big sister is too! Here are some pictures.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Makenas Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"