April 2013 Moms
Options

Talk to me about whining

Anyone else's baby start the whining/mini tantrum phase yet? DD has always been a very very good and happy baby, which is why I think this new phase is harder for me to adjust to! She just constantly wants my attention all the time now, and when she doesn't get it, she sits down on the floor very quickly and dramatically as though all is lost and lets out this high-pitched whiny shriek. It used to just be once in a while, but now it is all. the. time. Like every two minutes, sometimes.

I know its much worse now that I am working full-time as well. I've tried redirecting her to something else, firmly saying no, saying nothing at all. Nothing really seems to help, unless I take her outside, which isn't always possible. How are you all dealing with this behaviour?

Re: Talk to me about whining

• Options
    Ok yes, I try that too, like "I can't hold you right now because I am cooking dinner", that sort of thing. The biggest thing that sets her off is walking, and she always wants to hold my hand although she can walk on her own. So we walk in circles all over the apartment together for what seems like hours, lol. But if for some reason, I need to get her to let go, say to go to the bathroom, she immediately goes from happy to miserable. It's just draining on my energy and I feel horrible because she is upset.
  • Options
    Yep, but he will just have to learn how to deal. And I need to learn how to deal too. He is an emotional toddler right now, very strong emotions, I don't know if it is inherited or learned but my husband and I are the same way sometimes.

I have said it before, but it just seems like I am saying no a lot. Surprisingly he has not learned how to say no. lol Just things from trying to get the outlet covers off to trying to unplug things (I don't have dressers/tables yet to cover them up. Oh and anything that is upright needs to be pulled down or pushed over (Vacuum, fans, the portable AC).

I reassure him when he runs to me if he gets hurt or scared. I tell him he is alright and he goes off and does something else. Right now he is slowly getting used to the puppy running around so when she suddenly barks he freaks the hell out and I reassure him and bring her over and let him pet her. He then runs off and drags a toy behind him so she can chase.

It is a slow process but I do see him getting more confidence about things like falling down, he will whine and look at me and I will tell him he is okay and he will go play most times. Before I had to pick him up and calm him down.

When he is tired or in pain from teething he is always under me and whining. Could she be teething?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cam has been super fussy and whiny lately!! He is constantly crying and throwing fits. And I feel like I am constantly telling him no.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My kid has whined like 90% of his waking hours since he was 6 months old. It's so annoying!!!!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"