May 2013 Moms

Attn Delino - Hand foot and Mouth Virus

@delino - my little guy was diagnosed with hand foot and mouth, which I believe your LO had a few weeks back. Any tips or tricks you can share? He's got an ear infection on top of this and is just miserable. He's got blisters all over his face, arms, legs and diaper area. Just noticed them in the throat yesterday. Night 3 of no sleep last night. Just looking for anything that was helpful for your LO. Thanks!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

Re: Attn Delino - Hand foot and Mouth Virus

• delinodelino member
    Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Alternate Tylenol and Advil every 3hrs. It's painful! Cold drinks, ice pops, yogurt...things to coat his throat.

Mine had the sores in her mouth which were found on a Monday with some spots on her body. The spots spread by Tuesday and blisters on her feet by Wednesday. She didn't appear to be in pain anymore by Wednesday and the blisters weren't blisters anymore by Saturday. She's still healing from them though two weeks later.

Hope he heals quick!!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! I tried an ice pop last night and He didn't seem to like it. Glad to hear it should only be another day or two before he's feeling better.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Loading the player...
  • I second alternating advil/tylenol. Hang in there only bad for a few(long) days.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited June 2014
    @beaubecca - his pedi said 1/2 of their appts this week were hand foot and mouth. He's got it bad...The blisters on his face are finally starting to clear up. He's covered though. Looks like a severe case of chicken pox to me. He seems to be feeling better, slept for 12 hours last night!!!

Pregnancy Ticker     

• delinodelino member
    I'm so glad he's feeling better.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"