September 2012 Moms

Date Night Ideas

DH and I are going out for a nice dinner tomorrow night for his birthday.  We're kind of in a date-night rut though.  I have no creative ideas of what to do after dinner.  We talked about mini-golfing, but it's supposed to be hot and we'll be dressed up for dinner.  We may just stay and have some drinks, but then we get tired just sitting around.  I didn't see that many movies out right now that I thought we'd both want to see...

So what's your favorite post-dinner date night activity?  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

Re: Date Night Ideas

• I know you said you'd be dressed up but what about bowling? Mini golf is always a favorite of ours too. We like to have friendly competitions and bets. Are there any bands playing outdoors somewhere? I know you're in Wisconsin (remembered from the gift exchange) so do you have a drive in movie theater?

We're going on a date next weekend and I can't wait. We're going actual golfing, dinner then movies. We haven't been on a date since December. It's about damn time!

• Kel, have you thought about going to SkyZone that opened right on Hwy F?  It's super awesome.  Yes, you'd have to either bring other clothes to wear or go somewhere more casual for dinner, but it's really fun.  

Otherwise, Rockesha is going on this weekend at the Wauk fair grounds.  :-)  that is, if your DH is into hair metal bands of yesteryear....I think I read that Quiet Riot & Warrant were going to be there....

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • A comedy club? I've never been to one, but I've heard good things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kel, have you thought about going to SkyZone that opened right on Hwy F?  It's super awesome.  Yes, you'd have to either bring other clothes to wear or go somewhere more casual for dinner, but it's really fun.  

Otherwise, Rockesha is going on this weekend at the Wauk fair grounds.  :-)  that is, if your DH is into hair metal bands of yesteryear....I think I read that Quiet Riot & Warrant were going to be there....
    SkyZone is actually a great idea.  I will look into that!  

@Pokedot - We're actually in a bowling couple's league during Sept-May, so I try to avoid bowling in the summer!  ha!  A band is a good idea, I'll have to see what festivals are going on (good callout Marissa).  

@MRoxy0628 - that's a good idea, we've been to a few, but I hate when they're not really that funny.  It's been hit or miss for us.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I was coming in to say mini golf.

Other ideas: live music, comedy night, somewhere different for drinks/dessert or even just a casual stroll around town if you are in a downtown area with some stuff to see.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited June 2014
    Ha, I just answered this for someone else on FB.

We do a lot of live music and summer festivals (not big, like free downtown or park festivals). Our local vineyard does free concerts every Fri, Sat, and Sun. It is gorgeous, we bring some dessert, and buy a bottle of wine.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    We also live near a college so we have a lot of dive bars that are fun to hit up and feel young again.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• We enjoy going to comedy clubs, there's a really fun dueling piano bar in our downtown, and sometimes we just like to go for a walk by the water after dinner out.

• I don't know if it would work for this particular date, but I just discovered the MKE Boat Line. https://mkeboat.com/sightseeing/

A big group of moms went on a 2 hour "Yacht Rock" cruise the other night and it was a ton of fun. Great drink specials, fun DJ (for that one) and dancing. DH and I are thinking about going on the same boat on Sunday for a Jazz concert and watching the air show to celebrate our anniversary.

We also like going to the Paint Bars. The one we usually go to is in Tosa, but they have a second location in Delafield if that is closer "Wine d'Arte" and there are others around.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"