April 2013 Moms
Options

Swim Party Questions

Still-clueless-on-many-things FTM here. DS and I are going to a first birthday party this afternoon at a park with a wading pool. It will be DS' first time in a pool. I have questions--hoping you have answers. 1) I have to put on the swim diaper after I get there, right? Pee will go right through them so I can't put him in the swim diaper before we drive over, right? 2) My sunscreen (Burt's Bees Baby Bee Stick, if anyone is wondering) says to "apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure." But if I do it before we leave the house, won't I get sunscreen all over the car seat? I have to wait til we get there to do that too, right? 3) I have never put sunscreen on DS before. (We are big fans of long sleeves and hats.) Does anyone have tips on how to apply sunscreen in the stick form? Is it easy or a giant PITA?

Thanks, ladies. I have no one else I can ask questions like this (dumb though they are) and I so appreciate your wisdom.
Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.

Re: Swim Party Questions

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    farmerpinkyfarmerpinky member
    edited June 2014
    1. If per goes right through it, it's not much of a swim diaper. Their purpose is to keep pee & poo out of the pool.

2. The stick is easy if your kid will stay still for it. I've always had it easy with phee, but she's a bit of an odd bird for a 1 yr old. No worries about our car seat either. The sticks don't seem to make a mess like poorly rubbed in lotion.

3. I use stick on face only. I lotion at home but get it all rubbed in. My car seat is fine.
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

1. If per goes right through it, it's not much of a swim diaper. Their purpose is to keep pee & poo out of the pool.

Swim diapers only keep poop out of the pool. If they were to absorb pee then they would also absorb all the pool water and wouldn't be any different than a regular diaper. Kind of gross but if you've ever seen a regular diaper filled with water, those things are heavy!
    Maybe I missed something. Phee wears these rubber pants (maybe plu) type swim diaper and pee collects inside of it. It has a liner so her bottom doesn't get irritated by the waterproof/resistant outer. I have to take her to the restroom and rinse out & change out if I feel her bottom get warm.

A friend gave me some when I had #3. They've lasted for years. I assumed they all were like that.
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"