January 2014 Moms

How'd you meet your baby's daddy?

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited June 2014 in January 2014 Moms

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

How'd you meet your baby's daddy? 182 votes

Through mutual friends
23% 42 votes
At a party after graduating from school
3% 6 votes
In high school
18% 34 votes
In church
3% 6 votes
Arranged marriage
1% 2 votes
Baby daddy? Try baby mommy.....
0% 1 vote
While I was bar hoppin'
7% 14 votes
Sperm bank.
0% 0 votes
14% 26 votes
SS.....there are so many more options out there.
28% 51 votes

Re: How'd you meet your baby's daddy?

• We weren't set up, but my BFF's brother lived and worked with my H. We went to a party there and we hit it off. I was seeing someone else at the time....whoops.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Sluttin it up in a bar FTW! No but really, we were bar hopping for a friend's 21st birthday. He crashed our conversation and I thought he was cute.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Loading the player...
  • At my cousins wedding. He was a groomsman, I sang at the ceremony.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Good story...I love to tell it! He was the GA for a class I took my senior year of college. (Nothing happened during that time, we never even hung out.) On the first day during those lame intros we discovered that we were from the same town. About a year later while job hunting, I Facebook chatted him to tell him I had an interview near where he grew up and they were looking for a PE teacher, too! We both ended up getting hired at the same school and started hanging out as a group with some of the other new teachers. Ended up dating, and married about 2 years later. It's so much fun to watch people's reaction when they ask how we met and reply "He was my teacher!" ;)

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We went to the same high school but I never talked to him cause he was an ass. I later met him through his ex which is coincidentally my friend. Oh and his nickname for me at the time was "the hot wawa chick"
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • We met at my friends wedding. He was her boss. I was very intoxicated that night. Two months later my friends husband gave him my number and we went for coffee.  Hit it off instantly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I met him a couple of times through friends- but it was a party at my house that we started dating- and the rest is history!
  • edited June 2014

Good story...I love to tell it! He was the GA for a class I took my senior year of college. (Nothing happened during that time, we never even hung out.) On the first day during those lame intros we discovered that we were from the same town. About a year later while job hunting, I Facebook chatted him to tell him I had an interview near where he grew up and they were looking for a PE teacher, too! We both ended up getting hired at the same school and started hanging out as a group with some of the other new teachers. Ended up dating, and married about 2 years later. It's so much fun to watch people's reaction when they ask how we met and reply "He was my teacher!" ;)

My sil and bil have a similar story!

My sil married a former coach from when we were in high school. He's 10 years older than her, and nothing even remotely close happened in high school, in fact he was dating a woman who had a son (not his) and she baby sat for them quite a few times...anyway they kept in touch when she went to college and started dating 2 years later. They just celebrated their 10 yr anniversary today.

I chose SS bc sil (from story above) and I were bf's in high school and I ended up marrying her brother...he was away at college when we were seniors and we never hung out at that time. Later when I was in college there was a large group of us that would hang out and I flirted with him for the attention and was not interested in a relationship, but then after I moved back "home" we reconnected when I was subbing in the school he worked at.

Eta: words

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We met at work. I was a new hire teacher setting up my classroom in the summer. He was the IT guy who came on my first day to set up my computer. We were just friends for the next 2 years until I dumped the douche canoe I'd been dating. We took it slow for the first couple months and then realized we were in love. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Through a friend. She wanted to set us up but we both refused. Hurricane Wilma hit (lost power for two weeks! He had a generator = lights, hot shower, warm food, etc. and we have been together ever since ;) ). Actually we met the first time on a gambling cruise for a friend's bday party but I was very drunk. Then a group of us went to Halloween horror nights in Orlando. Again, lots to drink. Then we went on a first date and a few days later, the hurricane hit. Not as romantic as it may sound...it was his generator but he still lived at his mom's house. We tried staying at my apartment but no power = too hot!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• RedSaffronRedSaffron member
    edited June 2014
    SS. I used to work at restaurant as a line cook and SO got hired the same position a month after me. I had to train him in my station hehe. We didn't hit it off at first because I was dating someone else. Things didn't work out with ex-dude so I was single and he was single. We mingled and boom relationship. Just kidding it didn't happen that fast.
  • Who had to get an arranged marriage. That still exist?
  • I chose SS. We met while both attending university in Japan. He was there for his masters, I was there for my bachelors. On the 2nd day of school or so we became friends, and talked here and there. It wasn't until a few months later that we started hanging out and then started dating :)
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• peanutmusepeanutmuse member
    edited June 2014
    SS. Through work.

This is why I hate clicky polls. Major options are usually left out. I read somewhere that 10% of couples meet at work. It used to be like 20%, but now online meetings have taken a huge chunk out of all other categories.

ETA:  I looked it up and it was a recent WSJ article: https://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303325204579463272000371990
  • Lol... Myspace. Funny story though...He ended up not being a complete stranger...my mom used to be a manicurist and his mom was one of her more frequent clients. Apparently they used to talk about us all the time. Also, he grew up/lived about 5 minutes away from me.

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • At a bar but kind through friends. My friends and I were out during a week night during college(senior year) cause of course u can't miss the drink specials during the week. I said to my girlfriend who is that cute guy over there? She said that's Dan, so therefore she knew him and dragged my ass over by him, kind of embarrassing, but I'm glad she did.
  • I met him in a class in college.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Friends at work were always trying to set me up and one day one of them said she finally had the perfect match for me. She put us in contact through Facebook and we decided to meet up instead of chatting back and forth. We got along great and I'd say after date #2 I knew he was the one. Just needed the extra date to know for sure
  • SS here - He was the bouncer at the bar where mt friends and I ran a charity event.
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• km_mdkm_md member
    We met in high school. I had no classes with him and didn't know who he was until Halloween one year when he came to school dressed as Paul Stanley from KISS. I was intrigued by this crazy person and a mutual friend introduced us. We started talking via MySpace and realized that we had a lot in common (including our birthday!) We talked and hung out as friends for about 6 months before we started dating for real. 

• SS - We met at work, it was a company with less than 200 people, we were in different departments but had joint projects and met on one of those projects and hit it off. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We met in high school and had mutual friends, but we didn't start dating until after college.  
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• We met at work. We still work together.

• I picked High School. He was a senior when I was a freshman. We knew who each other were, but didn't really talk until I was in college. He was shy and only would talk to me when he was drinking at the bar. He hit on me for about a year before we actually went out. He would tell everyone that he was going to marry me. I had a boyfriend at the time. I found out the douche bag was cheating on me, AGAIN, dumped him, and called DH the following weekend. Never looked back. And he was right! He did marry me! Haha. Best decision I ever made was to call him that weekend. :x

• We are another one who met through work, we both worked at Lowes. I had actually transferred from another store bc my bf of over 2 years got a manager position and it was not allowed to have a relationship with a manager. DH was a "head cashier", I was "team lead head cashier" which meant I could boss him around:) We hung out with the same group of work friends and got along fine. Come to find out that he had told one of our mutual guy friends that "She's kind of a bitch, but she's hot so I would do her". Wow how romantic? Whatever guys talk big to each other, go ahead and pretend macho man. About 6 months later I broke up with my bf bc lack of commitment in our 3 yr relationship (he was 10 yrs older what are you waiting for). Then moved into an apartment with a friend. About 3 months later one night her bf was coming over and she said by the way DH is with him. I said "uh why?" Apparently the had been drinking nearby, couldn't drive and were going to crash at our apartment. I told her I guess that's fine but I don't like DH for anything more than a friend. She then told me that apparently DH had confided in her bf that he really liked me. Well they came over, a few drinks later I decided to give the guy a shot and we made out, then crashed in my bed. ONLY MADE OUT no under the groping or under the clothes action! Well he was such a great kisser I said yes when he asked me out the next day. 6 1/2 years later married with 2 kids and very happy.
  • We met online. Thanks. Eharmony! We talked for two months, I'm the shy over cautious one. Then met two years ago this July 7th.
  • We worked together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I picked high school, but we met in 4th grade. We started dating the summer after we graduated from high school. We just had our 10 year wedding anniversary last month!

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• Mine's kinda long so sorry about that. I threw a big house warming party when my roommate and I moved out of the dorms and into our first apartment in college. On his way over my cousin met this guy in the elevator (my husband's best friend) with a cast on his arm and asked if he could sign it if he gave him a beer. He said yes so he brought the guy to my apartment we all signed  his cast gave him a beer and he left. A year later I'm in the elevator with that same guy and a group of his friends (one of whom is my husband)  when he asks me if we've met before. I remind and and say that coincidentally I'm throwing another party that weekend and invite the group. they showed up, and I was super hammered. My husband was also super hammered. we spent the night flirting while playing drinking games and ended up hooking up. After that we were friends with benefits for awhile until we started to have feelings for each other. Today is actually the anniversary of when we made it official, 7 years. We don't celebrate it but I like to note it.

imageimage

• I chose through mutual friends, buuut it was actually HIS friend who was interested in me, and invited me to a party. Friend ended up being a douche, which I found out later. That night H was playing wing man, distracting me while friend made out with two girls on the dance floor. Jokes on him though, because I loved talking to H so much that I completely lost interest in the friend and decided to pursue H (he didn't make a move because his friend was a lying liar and was exaggerating our "relationship". The party was our first "date" and we never even kissed, he told his friends we went on a couple dates and had made out)
  • We were roommates. Lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• PiachPiach member
    College - we lived in the same dorm.

BFP 10/8/12 | Missed Miscarriage - D&C 11/12/12

• Bar hopping, sort of. Was at a Super Bowl party at a bar in DC with a fee at the door for unlimited beer and wings. My friend started chatting him up in order to get an intro to his friend. I ended up sitting on his lap (there weren't enough seats!) and later got his number (he didn't have his phone). We went out a few days later, and were engaged 6 months later. Funny, my friend and his friend reunited at our wedding, but it didn't work out.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• daltosostarbydaltosostarby member
    edited June 2014
    Through mutual friends/church. We were both converting to Mormonsim, and met one night at FHE. The missionaries & some friends of ours introduced us, and we were best friends for 1.5yrs before we started dating, dated for 4mo, engaged for another 2.5mo before we got married.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Sgriff1Sgriff1 member
    edited June 2014
    Work. He was my manager and I swooned for him when we started working together :) A few months after that, he was promoted to a different location and promoted me to take his place. A few months after that I suggested we get a drink together the next time he was in town for training. He says he knew I wanted him after that. We had a secret company love affair for about a year before we moved away together and found work at seperate companies. Although he always likes to tell people now, that we met when he was my manager and he took advantage of me in our vault (we work at a bank)...so embarrassing and not true!

• We met at work. A lady was leaving so some people got her a cake and card. I had just started my job there so I didn't really know her, but went there for the cake. I love free food lol! DH introduced himself, he started hitting on me over the next week. Then we slept together a month later (not officially dating) and I thought well there's no way I'm letting this one go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"