April 2013 Moms

Whole Milk Shortage?

Is anyone else having problems buying whole milk? Our supermarket has a sign about the "national whole milk shortage" and there is neverrrrrrr whole milk available there! I'm not sure if it's just a crappy grocery store, because I can buy it other places (Whole Foods, Target, etc)... it would just be convenient to get it there because we can walk there!
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
           Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
        Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!

Re: Whole Milk Shortage?

• no problems here
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep- went to buy it today and there was only one gallon (with a sell by date of 6/20). I just bought a couple half gallons instead. Odd!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hmmm. Haven't had that issue yet.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • No
    Issues, no signs!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • love4blove4b member
    No issues in CA. That's super weird.

• Weird. I get mine from a local farmer but haven't noticed anything at the store either.

Anniversary

• @skidderdo let me know if you need me to start hoarding...or send you a cow for the apartment.
    imageimageimage
  • jthree said:
    Not whole milk specifically, but my grocery store seems to be out of the organic milk with dha (both whole and 2% - we mix them) a lot, and it's such a pain because then I have to make a separate trip to another store just for milk.
    I can never find the one with DHA at my store either.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Huh...strange.

On a somewhat related note...has anyones kiddo gotten the shits from the milk with DHA added? I bought some of the Horizon Organic with DHA, and Claire suddenly came down with horrible diarrhea. No fever, great appetite, and it went away as soon as I switched her back to the regular organic milk.

• Erin10408 said:

Huh...strange.

On a somewhat related note...has anyones kiddo gotten the shits from the milk with DHA added? I bought some of the Horizon Organic with DHA, and Claire suddenly came down with horrible diarrhea. No fever, great appetite, and it went away as soon as I switched her back to the regular organic milk.

Now that you mention it, I bought a half gallon of the organic Horizon with DHA for her daycare this week, and she has had runny stools! That combined with the Enfamil formula samples with DHA which we used last weekend (and which may have caused her black stools), I'm thinking we may need to just stick with regular organic.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Erin10408 said:

Huh...strange.

AHA-that's why he has the shits!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU

Hahahaha!!

I looked at the ingredients, and there is some kind of oil added to the milk. Thats what made me think that might be the culprit. It was awful...SO.MUCH.POOP.

And I was not happy to throw away half of that carton of milk that cost a small fortune.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kquote class="Quote" rel="MrsHartman7">Nope...but its MT, there are more cows than people.

----------
    Waves!!!

I'm in Montana too. :D

I haven't noticed a shortage, but the price is obnoxious! $4.09 for a gallon at Albertsons. :(
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I was about to say that $7.89/gallon was insanity...until I realized I pay $3.50 per 1/2 of organic...so yea, that sucks.

imageimageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2014
    Holy crap, guys. That is insanity! I'll quit complaining..... haha

ETA The $4.09 a gallon is regular whole milk.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• $3-5/ half gallon for organic whole milk in MN... 

There is currently a whole milk shortage in my house!  I just used the end of it on LO's bedtime bottle...he's sleeping, DH is at the Twins game... mommy fail... 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • No shortage here. Our organic with DHA is about $4. But that's hasn't changed from one kid to the other.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I buy two half gallons of Organic DHA for Connor, about $4.50 each, every two weeks. I then buy 2 gallons of regular whole milk for my husband and for cooking which is about $3.75 each, every two weeks.

The Horizons DHA has been low on stock for a while. I thought it was just because places out here don't get stocked often.

• JSS1002 said:

$3-5/ half gallon for organic whole milk in MN... 

There is currently a whole milk shortage in my house!  I just used the end of it on LO's bedtime bottle...he's sleeping, DH is at the Twins game... mommy fail... 
    Yep, I pay $4.89 per half gallon.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"