January 2014 Moms

I would've named the baby____, but...

Any names you really liked, but refused to use for whatever reason?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: I would've named the baby____, but...

• Boy: Dane (too close to H's ex, although I never met her and I'm not a jealous person)

Girl: Courtney (HS classmate who hated me bc she wanted my HS boyfriend)
            Mia: my dog's name....I love that name!...why didn't I think towards the future 6.5 yrs ago??

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • teacher0708teacher0708 member
    edited June 2014
    If J had been a boy in the beginning I wanted to use Reid, but that was my boss' last name. 
     I also like the name Emmett, but my close friend has a son named Everett.

We were set on our girl name. I thought I wanted to switch around her first and middle name but my husband was against that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • cnctfcnctf member
    I like Harper, but S/O didn't like it
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • km_mdkm_md member
    Since my mom owns a daycare I've had multiple names forever ruined for me haha

In all seriousness we also liked Sierra (but I liked Evelyn better) and DH suggested Aurora. I like Aurora but because I'm a huge Disney fan I didn't want to name my child that because people would think that I named her after a Disney princess.

We only agreed on one boy name so we still have that in our back pocket in case we need it some day.

• I had a few names I liked but knew people with the same name and I didn't want them to think we named the baby after them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Jaelyn. I love it, but DH vetoed it with both girls.  Now my cousins (we're pretty close) had a girl and named her Kaelyn so I don't think we'll use Jaelyn anymore.  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• I wanted Emma for a girl (not knowing it was the most popular name) but Dh was against it right away. We both liked Abby so we stopped looking at names. I love the name and love my girl but don't always feel that she "looks" like an Abby.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wanted Aiden at first, but DH said its too popular. Now looking at him he's definitely not an Aiden.
  • We had two names for both sexes going to the hospital (team green) Julian or James for a boy (slight edge to Julian) and Norah or Susanna for a girl (Norah won). We still like Julian, James or Susanna for our next baby

My favourite boy name that H vetoed was Miles (he has a good friend named Myles). H's top boy name that I vetoed was Curtis (just nms) 

Our second choice for DD was Susanna. My favourite girl name that H vetoed was Margaret NN Maggie (after my favourite aunt, he thinks it's too old lady-ish). H's favourite girl name that I vetoed was Jordan (boy or unisex names on girls are nms)
  • I wanted Emma for a girl (not knowing it was the most popular name) but Dh was against it right away. We both liked Abby so we stopped looking at names. I love the name and love my girl but don't always feel that she "looks" like an Abby.
    @precious72381 occasionally I feel the same way about DD and the name Norah, sometimes it just feels like the name is too grown up for her, and Norah doesn't really lend itself to any "cutesy" nicknames. But I think it's kind of hard for a new baby to pull off most names (for me at least, maybe others don't feel this way). When I picture her as a toddler, little girl, teenager and adult, I think Norah will fit her perfectly. Hopefully the same goes for Abby!
  • I was dead set on Abigail/Abby for months. H hated it. I'm glad we settled on Mia, but I still like Abby.

I also liked McKenna, but I didn't think it would flow with the middle name we picked.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I wanted Genevieve, but DH didn't like it, so he picked out Evelyn. I love the name but I love Genevieve more. Oh well. 
  • kiki1978 said:
    I liked the name Ben until I had a bratty one in my class this year. I have a whole bunch of names that I can't use because of former students.
    So agree. Being a teacher has ruined a lot of names for me

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• precious72381precious72381 member
    edited June 2014

kiki1978 said:

I liked the name Ben until I had a bratty one in my class this year. I have a whole bunch of names that I can't use because of former students.

So agree. Being a teacher has ruined a lot of names for me

Me as well. So many names I can't use! Never taught an Abby in the 10 years I've been doing this. :)

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I would have named my son Jack, but our last name ends in -zak so the rhyme-y is odd.

I would have named my son Brett, but when my husband and I started dating I had a friend named Brett who actually had a crush on me. So there was no way that name was going to fly.
  • I love the name we chose, but I also really really like the name Ezra. However, that was also the name of my high school sweetheart. I don't associate the name with him at all, but I just felt like a bee-ach trying to convince DH.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would have loved William, nicknamed Will, but my H said there were too many in his family. I disagreed since none of them are Will and they are all Bill or Billy.

• km_mdkm_md member
    @Rebis58 - if it makes you feel any better my mom has a Nora in her daycare and she is the sweetest little thing - we love her to bits. And the name doesn't sound old to me at all. Although take that with a grain of salt because I named my DD Evelyn lol

• I really wanted Makenah for a girl (which was on the list of Hawaiian names that SO gave me to consider...) but he hated it. Carter and Mason were our only boy choices. It ended up being a boy so I lost Makenah anyways. I'll bring it back if I ever have a girl.
  • I liked Harley for a boy but DH said it was too white trash. Helllllllo I am pretty white trash.

Pretty much an girl name I ever picked he hated so we only agreed on one if we have a girl.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • @km_md‌ we were at DisneyWorld and saw something announcing the newest princess...Elsa. We stuck with it because we'd picked it out months before.
    Being honest, although she's definitely an Elsa, if we'd known how big Frozen would be we might have named her something else. I feel sad admitting that. :(
    I chose Elsa because I wanted a short name that ended in A. I also wanted something that wasn't super popular. I also liked Anna, Sarah, and Brooke. DS is named Andrew but we call him Drew. I also liked Grant, James, and Colin.

• km_md said:
    @Rebis58 - if it makes you feel any better my mom has a Nora in her daycare and she is the sweetest little thing - we love her to bits. And the name doesn't sound old to me at all. Although take that with a grain of salt because I named my DD Evelyn lol
    @km_md I do love the name! And we get compliments on it all the time. I have no name regret at all I just find I don't often use her full name when talking to her right now, but I think that will change as she gets older. Already I use it a bit more often as I'm trying to get her to recognize her name, and it's feeling more natural to say it

I LOVE Evelyn. Can you tell I'm more into "older" names? (Norah, Margaret, Evelyn) I think they are adorable on little girls but also age so well throughout their lives.
  • If we had a daughter it would if been Ava. I loved that name for years and now it's way to popular. And a very good friend if mine named her girl Ava. The other boy name DH and I love is also Aiden, loved that name for a long time but I just hate the popularity of it, that bothered me. We wanted something different and unheard of.
  • Boy- Austin Michael since SO's middle name is Michael, but it's also the first name of my moms now ex husband who is an awful person... We were leaning toward Austin Levi right before finding out we were having a girl. I also liked Cason Jeremiah, SO shot down both names right from the start.

Girl- Madison, which is SO's nieces middle name as well as his friends daughters name. SO liked Sophia, which is NMS.
  • I loved Stella, which was on the list of family names to pick out from (his side) but DH said no. The reason he gave was that it could have possibly been a name of a cousin his mom had conflicts with! But he didn't investigate it further to find out so I think it was just a BS. He just didn't like the name. That said, my daughter is definitely not a Stella. Her name fits her perfectly. Also, while I wouldn't have named my daughter Ava, I love that name! But now every baby girl I see is named Ava. It's hard to keep track of baby Ava's among my friends/relatives!
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    Alexander....Until my SIL stole the name from me and named her DD Alexandra. How rood.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• ccip82ccip82 member
    My guilty pleasure girl's name was Georgina, but DH nixed that. I still love that name.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• For a boy: The Literary nerd in me really, really, reaaalllllyyyy wanted to name him Beowulf. How BA is that?! I also liked Sebastian (but Dh's cousin just named her baby that) and Oliver (Its waayyyy too popular in Germany right now because of Jaime Oliver). 

For a girl: I have wanted to name my girl Aurelia Rae since I was 12 years old, so if I ever have another baby, and it's a girl, that will be her name <3
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Benjamin for a boy. My dh cousin soon is a Benjamin.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• km_mdkm_md member
    @worleygirl - If I had a name picked out, like you, I would keep it. But I imagine that name is about to become a lot more popular! And if I wasn't such a Disney fan I don't think I'd worry about it as much.

@Rebis58 - I agree with you. Those names are classic and will grow nicely with them. 

• I wanted Emery for this baby, but DH didn't love the name like I did so I let him pick.  If we have a girl next time though she will absolutely be an Emery.  I also liked Brinley but I have a cousin who has two daughters that have similar matchy-matchy names so I nixed that one.

I love both of those! A girl in my baby group named her daughter Emery and immediatly fell in love with if, though we live in a small town we would never do the same name and I know my husband would be against it as we went to school with a guy named Emory.

I liked the name Grayson, still do but it's a meat company name in a town near by that everyone knows it for their sausage so my husband didn't want our son to be compared to that. He could see future nicknames and he didn't like that. My cousin named their son 3 weeks after ours was born Grayson and since I still really like the name and glad they used it knowing that we wouldn't. At least I can know a Grayson haha.
  • ccip82 said:
    My guilty pleasure girl's name was Georgina, but DH nixed that. I still love that name.
    Makes me think of Regina George.
    boo you whore

• @km_md‌ The fact we are huge Disney fans makes it worse. Lol she was conceived there (sorry if TMI). When people ask DS his sister's name he says "Elsa but not after Frozen." Guess he picked that up from me.

• @allypittsburgh‌ True. I think it's because I love the name so much and want credit for finding it myself :)

• last14reallast14real member
    edited June 2014
    When I was prego with DS I wanted Owen Michael (DH's middle name), DH wanted Liam. He even said if I would allow Liam we could name him Liam Anthony (my dad's middle name). Almost the entire pregnancy I insisted his name would be Owen and DH pushed for Liam. Well when I was like 7 months or so prego and was having a rough time DH really stepped up and babied me. I secretly decided to name him Liam but continued to tell DH I wanted Owen partly to mess with him but also JIC he came out not looking like a Liam. Well when he was born after skin to skin, DH was holding his boy for the first time, he looked at me and said so this is Owen. I said nope this is Liam. He smiled so big I thought his face would break, great memory.

For DD neither of us were dead set on a name other than I knew I wanted Leeann in her name. Our DS is Liam though so we didn't want to start an "L" trend. Our top contenders for DD were Nora Leeann, Charlotte Leeann and Shaylee Ann. Well DH told his family the potential names one night at dinner with them. They liked Nora, loved Charlotte and disliked Shaylee. DH's dad said if we named her Charlotte he was going to call her chuck...that is not a cute nickname in my opinion. DH's outspoken sister said that Shaylee sounds like a "black girl" name, wow that's not racist at all. Well guess what I love Shaylee/Shay and DH liked them all so Shaylee it is. Oh and they were over for dinner last week and heard me call her Shay Shay while I was talking to her and they hate it:) I may have been evil laughing inside my head. 

• @tarajeannette‌ I've said it before but I just love Margot :)

• I love Oliver but DH refused because of Oliver Cromwell and said it would be like naming a baby Adolf.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• I loved Stella, which was on the list of family names to pick out from (his side) but DH said no. The reason he gave was that it could have possibly been a name of a cousin his mom had conflicts with! But he didn't investigate it further to find out so I think it was just a BS. He just didn't like the name. That said, my daughter is definitely not a Stella. Her name fits her perfectly. Also, while I wouldn't have named my daughter Ava, I love that name! But now every baby girl I see is named Ava. It's hard to keep track of baby Ava's among my friends/relatives!
    LOVE Stella, but it was my Dad's stepmom's name and she was a nasty, verbally/emotionally abusive and manipulative woman sooo... couldn't do that to my parents (I never met her so don't have any personal resentment or association with the name)
  • I love Oliver but DH refused because of Oliver Cromwell and said it would be like naming a baby Adolf.

This made me laugh!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"