January 2014 Moms

UO

2»

Re: UO

• ccip82 said:
    valigrl21 said:
    ccip82 said:
    I think getting a dog and leaving it outside all the time is cruel. Why get a pet anyway? 
    Explain your thoughts on this one more please. Is it the all the time part that's cruel? Like as in the middle of winter dog is begging at the door to come inside and the owner ignores the dog?

I have a cat who loves to be outside. I realize cats and dogs are different but almost our entire neighborhood has dogs and they are all outside pets too. As far as my cat, we bring him inside at night and/or when it's really cold. But if it's nice out, he wants to be outside. He will literally do flips at the back door to be let out.

At the risk of sounding like a crazy cat person, if he could talk, I am almost positive he would say he's happier outside.
    Yes, leaving it outside all the time is cruel. What you are doing with your cat is not cruel, that is not what I meant in my UO.
    Ok then I agree with you.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Heres an unpopular opinion that may get flamed. I think it's impractical to get your big baby items that u can use again for future kids (stroller, high chair, pay Mat ect.) In gender specific colors ( pink, flowery, trucks. Although u see more girl specific items like these) if it's you're first. Even if u say one and done, a hand full of those go on to have more.

Then A.) You go on to re buy if u have a boy or gender neutral or B.) The poor boy ends up in everything pink (for example )

I can see it if u have a "oops" and you have your tubes tide after or the dh gets snipped.

Working in labor and delivery I see so many ppl come in with pink car seats. It's mainly teens and very young mom's that do this though. I feel like it's those that need neutral stuff because it's those that we see back so quickly half the time.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Loading the player...
  • Roses87Roses87 member
    edited June 2014

Roses87 said:

Heres an unpopular opinion that may get flamed. I think it's impractical to get your big baby items that u can use again for future kids (stroller, high chair, pay Mat ect.) In gender specific colors ( pink, flowery, trucks. Although u see more girl specific items like these) if it's you're first. Even if u say one and done, a hand full of those go on to have more.

Then A.) You go on to re buy if u have a boy or gender neutral or B.) The poor boy ends up in everything pink (for example )

I can see it if u have a "oops" and you have your tubes tide after or the dh gets snipped.

Working in labor and delivery I see so many ppl come in with pink car seats. It's mainly teens and very young mom's that do this though. I feel like it's those that need neutral stuff because it's those that we see back so quickly half the time.

See bolded ^. I think that's the part you'll get flamed for.

I could see getting flamed for that too. I should add, I do work in a very poor inner city. I won't lie, that's what we see. I feel that these ladies need as much help as they can get because several are raising these babies on their own. And don't have a stable job to be re buying every thing. Maybe my oppinion would be different if I worked in a different area. But I see this first hand.

Edit for clarity
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Roses87 said:
    Heres an unpopular opinion that may get flamed. I think it's impractical to get your big baby items that u can use again for future kids (stroller, high chair, pay Mat ect.) In gender specific colors ( pink, flowery, trucks. Although u see more girl specific items like these) if it's you're first. Even if u say one and done, a hand full of those go on to have more. Then A.) You go on to re buy if u have a boy or gender neutral or B.) The poor boy ends up in everything pink (for example ) I can see it if u have a "oops" and you have your tubes tide after or the dh gets snipped. Working in labor and delivery I see so many ppl come in with pink car seats. It's mainly teens and very young mom's that do this though. I feel like it's those that need neutral stuff because it's those that we see back so quickly half the time.
    See bolded ^. I think that's the part you'll get flamed for.
    Yeah, I'm not going to touch that last statement. As to the rest of your opinion, I totally agree. SIL was pregnant the same time as I was with DD. She also had a girl and got everything pink. When I asked if they planned on having more she said yes. When I asked what happens if it's a boy, she said they'd have to buy new stuff. I thought, "You don't have any fucking money! You're poor! What piss poor planning!!"

She is currently expecting her third girl. Where are the karma gods when I need them???

• JennaRaek said:

I dislike when people/parents post millions of pictures of their babies on Facebook. I know a girl who had a baby a week or so ago and she's posted probably 20 pictures along with every detail of her daughters life thus far. First, I don't really care when your kid sleeps and second, have some privacy in your and her life!! I think there are 5 pictures of Logan on Facebook since birth. I take pictures and send them to family and friends daily. I just don't think it's right to have your kid all over social media. And I even know everyone on my Facebook. No thanks.

When you have a baby, the first two weeks is a constant onslaught of pictures. That's just normal for newborns. Facebook is the medium for sharing things. How many posts did we have here titled, "When will you make it Facebook official?" Or "How are you announcing on Facebook?" So yeah, Facebook is kind of a big deal with connecting.

And just because you don't care what some girl does, doesn't mean the rest of her friends list also doesn't care. I don't really understand why you don't think it's right to have your kid on social media. Can you elaborate?

• Roses87 said:
    Heres an unpopular opinion that may get flamed. I think it's impractical to get your big baby items that u can use again for future kids (stroller, high chair, pay Mat ect.) In gender specific colors ( pink, flowery, trucks. Although u see more girl specific items like these) if it's you're first. Even if u say one and done, a hand full of those go on to have more. Then A.) You go on to re buy if u have a boy or gender neutral or B.) The poor boy ends up in everything pink (for example ) I can see it if u have a "oops" and you have your tubes tide after or the dh gets snipped. Working in labor and delivery I see so many ppl come in with pink car seats. It's mainly teens and very young mom's that do this though. I feel like it's those that need neutral stuff because it's those that we see back so quickly half the time.
    I have the only girl out of 10 grandchildren.  You better believe I bought some pink baby gear!  If I were to have a boy in the future, I can just borrow my sister's stuff.
    imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

• @Roses87‌ I looked for gender neutral for most of my big items just for this reason. Companies are making less and less in neutral patterns and colors. It really took some internet research to find stuff that wasn't hideous and I still think it's slightly more "boyish" than neutral.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• So many thought on the UO's 

@ccip82 so sorry to hear DS has the chicken pox, that sucks!! Hope he feels better soon.

@RedSaffron could not agree more about the triangle top bikinis. I think these babies look like 
    prosti-tots. I did recently see an adorable 2 piece at target though it has a short sleeve rashguard top and ruffled bottoms. I'm completely fine with those 2 piece swimsuits. Especially for the convenience factor.

@precious72381 totally agree on the clothing with butt writing. The two that bother me the most are "Baby Girl" and "Juicy". Why full grown woman want to be called baby I will never understand. Also "Juicy" gets me bc it makes me think why is your butt juicy? Do you have swass or is your butt leaking? If so you should get that checked.

@bethughknee the phrase "My DH wants to put a baby in me" cracked me up. Not bc I have heard normal people actually use it, but bc it reminds me of one of my favorite movies "Baby Mama"
    Angie: Kate I want you to put your baby inside me
    Kate: Angie, I'm going to put my baby inside you 

• To add to the Facebook debate: we live states away from any family. I knew i would want to post tons of pictures so I got a flickr account.

That way people who care can look and people who don't care don't see.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• I was one of those babies who had parents who thought the triangle bikinis were cute. The picture of me in one was busted out this weekend when my BIL came down with my sister and niece...that was fun. Not. So I agree that I do not like those things and will never put DD in one.

@ccip82, I'm sorry DS is sick. I still remember how sucky getting the chicken pox was, and that was more than 20 years ago. I hope he's better soon!
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    DS and I thank you for all the love, ladies :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• -snip-

@bethughknee the phrase "My DH wants to put a baby in me" cracked me up. Not bc I have heard normal people actually use it, but bc it reminds me of one of my favorite movies "Baby Mama"
    Angie: Kate I want you to put your baby inside me
    Kate: Angie, I'm going to put my baby inside you 

Now THAT ^^^^ was hilarious. That movie is the best.

@junglebaby11

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • JennaRaek said:

I dislike when people/parents post millions of pictures of their babies on Facebook. I know a girl who had a baby a week or so ago and she's posted probably 20 pictures along with every detail of her daughters life thus far. First, I don't really care when your kid sleeps and second, have some privacy in your and her life!! I think there are 5 pictures of Logan on Facebook since birth. I take pictures and send them to family and friends daily. I just don't think it's right to have your kid all over social media. And I even know everyone on my Facebook. No thanks.

When you have a baby, the first two weeks is a constant onslaught of pictures. That's just normal for newborns. Facebook is the medium for sharing things. How many posts did we have here titled, "When will you make it Facebook official?" Or "How are you announcing on Facebook?" So yeah, Facebook is kind of a big deal with connecting.

And just because you don't care what some girl does, doesn't mean the rest of her friends list also doesn't care. I don't really understand why you don't think it's right to have your kid on social media. Can you elaborate?
    I guess it's a privacy thing for me. Just my opinion. To each their own. Just something DH and I agree on.

• JennaRaek said:
    JennaRaek said:

I guess it's a privacy thing for me. Just my opinion. To each their own. Just something DH and I agree on.
    @JennaRaek FWIW, @sugarland726 is a super private person and it actually surprised me when she raised her point.

I'm also a little funky about social media and even went as far as asking my parents and ILs to set their photo privacy so that only friends can see, because they like to share pictures of DD. I will admit that 90% of my FB activity is DD now, but I have friends asking why I don't post MORE pics of her. Maybe it just depends on the stage of life your friends are in? Mine seem to want ALL the baby pics and more. (FTR I share about a picture a week.) I also went through most of my pregnancy thinking I would NEVER post pics of DD on social media. It was a hormonal fear phase, I think.

Secondly, I could argue that privacy may not really be your concern since your DS's first and middle names are shared on a site like TB where trolls run so rampant.

• JennaRaek said:
    JennaRaek said:

@JennaRaek FWIW, @sugarland726 is a super private person and it actually surprised me when she raised her point.

I'm also a little funky about social media and even went as far as asking my parents and ILs to set their photo privacy so that only friends can see, because they like to share pictures of DD. I will admit that 90% of my FB activity is DD now, but I have friends asking why I don't post MORE pics of her. Maybe it just depends on the stage of life your friends are in? Mine seem to want ALL the baby pics and more. (FTR I share about a picture a week.) I also went through most of my pregnancy thinking I would NEVER post pics of DD on social media. It was a hormonal fear phase, I think.

Secondly, I could argue that privacy may not really be your concern since your DS's first and middle names are shared on a site like TB where trolls run so rampant.
    I agree. A lot of my friends aren't at the same place as we are, but a lot are too. We always get asked why we don't put more pictures of DS up. Just what we want to do. I post probably one a month. And with the first and middle name. There are millions of people with the name Logan. Our last name isn't posted anywhere. I don't see an issue with that. Like I said before, I guess it's not so much the pictures that bother me. I love seeing my friends LOs. It's the every little detail that annoys me a bit. I don't see a reason to put on FB when your kid eats, shits, sleeps. I don't know. That's just me.

• bethughkneebethughknee member
    edited June 2014
    JennaRaek said:

JennaRaek said:
    JennaRaek said:

I agree. A lot of my friends aren't at the same place as we are, but a lot are too. We always get asked why we don't put more pictures of DS up. Just what we want to do. I post probably one a month. And with the first and middle name. There are millions of people with the name Logan. Our last name isn't posted anywhere. I don't see an issue with that. Like I said before, I guess it's not so much the pictures that bother me. I love seeing my friends LOs. It's the every little detail that annoys me a bit. I don't see a reason to put on FB when your kid eats, shits, sleeps. I don't know. That's just me.
    Ditto to the bolded. And I may have already started deleting HS friends who post pictures of potty training. To me, using FB as a diary just ends up being a laundry list of complaints.

ETA: letters

• JennaRaek said:
    Ditto to the bolded. And I may have already started deleting HS friends who post pictures of potty training. To me, using FB as a diary just ends up being a laundry list of complaints.

The every little detail would annoy me. Not because of social media/privacy concerns, but because it's fucking boring. No one, even grandma, cares about when he went down for a nap and what you did to make that happen.

I do use FB like a blog with little anecdotes and stories of DD, because they're funny. And based on the comments and likes I get every time, it's safe to say that many of my friend's list agrees.

• JennaRaek said:

The every little detail would annoy me. Not because of social media/privacy concerns, but because it's fucking boring. No one, even grandma, cares about when he went down for a nap and what you did to make that happen.

I do use FB like a blog with little anecdotes and stories of DD, because they're funny. And based on the comments and likes I get every time, it's safe to say that many of my friend's list agrees.

Exactly! And I think what you do is completely different. I should have been more clear and specific in my original post!

• I don't think pacifiers are needed when a child can speak in full sentences. At daycare, I see so many 3-4 year olds running around with a paci hanging out of their mouths like a cigar as they talk or eat. Not cool.

My son has a pacifier. And he's two. Which means that we fight about everything. I'm not fighting about pacifiers now. I've got bigger fish to fry.

I do make him keep it at home so at least the rest of the world doesn't have to look at it.
  • Arya808 said:

I prefer men who don't have felony charges. Apparently this is a UO. SMH.

I think everyone would prefer to date people without a felony charge but Sometimes it's out of your control. It seems quite stupid to me to fall in love with someone and cut them out of your life because of mistakes they made in the past before you met them. They obviously have paid for their mistakes and are trying to move forward with their life. Society doesn't let them forget they have felonies and it's extremely hard to come back into society and do the right thing with everyone shutting them down. I say this out of experience. My SO has a nonviolent felony charge that he got right out of high school as a stupid teenager. I didn't know him then but who am I to judge him on his past? Of course, I don't go out looking for people with criminal histories and I am only applying this to nonviolent smaller felonies, not anything like rapists, murderers, or child molesters.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"