January 2014 Moms

UO

ccip82ccip82 member
edited June 2014 in January 2014 Moms
I got one lots today.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

Re: UO

• ccip82 said:
    I think getting a dog and leaving it outside all the time is cruel. Why get a pet anyway? 
    I sincerely hope that's not unpopular!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think clicky polls are stupid.

Even the ones that I do.
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    edited June 2014
    @peanutmuse and @Allypittsbugh

I keep finding people that do this. Unbelievable. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• ccip82ccip82 member
    Kiwi110 said:
    ccip82 said:
    I think getting a dog and leaving it outside all the time is cruel. Why get a pet anyway? 
    Agreed, although if it's a farm dog and lives outside with other dogs/animals, watches flocks, I get that. 
    Yes, to me that is different than a pet.

sibling love  

• ccip82ccip82 member
    Parents who decide against the varicella vaccination because chicken pox "is not that serious" are ignorant fucks.

DS caught chicken pox this week and it has been horrible watching him suffer. He is irritable, uncomfortable, and itchy. While he is handling it like a trooper, I feel so helpless. 

sibling love  

• I think getting a dog and leaving it outside all the time is cruel. Why get a pet anyway? 
    I agree but hope this is more of a PO rather than a UO!

I agree too. It really pisses me off actually. Our town flooded about a month ago and emergency responders were out rescuing dogs that were tied to their dog houses because they would have drown. I would like to tie those people outside. It's not right.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ccip82ccip82 member
    So, um...can anyone tell I'm a little ragey today?

That is what a sick LO and being quarantined in a house all week will do to you. As @mrsjenni says #sorrynotsorry

sibling love  

• I think clicky polls are stupid.

Even the ones that I do.

I love clicky polls!

My UO: I really don't think it's that big of a deal if people on the internet learn your real name.

I wrote my birth story in my blog with Patrick's full name and tweeted it. It ended up getting put on a British doula's website. At first I freaked out but then realized I really don't care that people online know my last name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• DH and I fight about the dogs ALL the time. He wants them to be outside dogs because growing up his dogs weren't allowed in the house. I put my foot down and said they stay inside. Not ok to be left outside. It gets up to 120+ here. They would die.

I agree its stupid not to vaccinate against chicken pox. Both kids have gotten/will get the vaccine. We went to a friend's house and she said she wasn't going to do it because the shot is too new. I told her my kids would get it and she looked appalled.
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    @Sandfhasse

Tell her to google images of children who have chicken pox. It can be awful!! DS looks horrible and he has it moderately...

sibling love  

• @RedSaffron‌ I don't like it either. I bought DD a 2 piece swimsuit and she hates it. She pulls at the top trying to cover her belly and gets mad when it won't cover. She likes her 1 piece so much better.
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    @RedSaffron‌ I don't like it either. I bought DD a 2 piece swimsuit and she hates it. She pulls at the top trying to cover her belly and gets mad when it won't cover. She likes her 1 piece so much better.
    I don't like the more "mature" looking suits on toddlers either. However, two pieces can be great when potty training!

sibling love  

• Bikinis on babies don't really bug me. I don't own any and prbly won't because the zinc in sunblock makes DD's 'zema flare so I have to use physical barriers as much as I can. But I could see myself getting one just to be cheeky once in a while. And for diapers and stuff I like the 2 piece tankinis/rash guard sets.

I don't make any sense though because on a baby I think "Awww cute/funny!" on a toddler I think "Hmmm inappropriate?" I know that's possibly unfair but I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • I can't tell if this should actually be a confession.

BLW =/= table food

It's not "We are starting with purees and then moving to BLW." No, you're starting with purees and then moving to table food. BLW isn't just offering table food, it's letting the baby lead throughout the entire food learning process. (Duh, right? Because it's in the name?) There's of course NOTHING wrong with starting with purees and if DD was constipated I would totally shovel some pureed pears in her mouth but it makes my correct-all-the-things bone tingle when people say they are "moving to BLW." BLW is a concept you start from the beginning.

Speaking of. I keep an extra pear on hand now for just such an emergency! She is a handful and a half when she doesn't poop often enough. I want to be ready!

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • cnctfcnctf member
    I'm sure this was mentioned before, but I do not like triangular shaped bikinis on toddlers & babies. It just doesn't look right to me. MIL wanted to buy one for DD, but I told her she should wear something more covered up since she can't wear sunscreen.
    @redsaffron I totally want to buy a 2 piece for Cky cause its soooooo dang cute, but I opted for a long sleeve rashguard and bottoms because it would def protect her skin. Protection>Cute
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • km_mdkm_md member
    I'm sorry about your little guy @ccip82‌ I hope that he is feeling better soon.

• I dislike when people/parents post millions of pictures of their babies on Facebook. I know a girl who had a baby a week or so ago and she's posted probably 20 pictures along with every detail of her daughters life thus far. First, I don't really care when your kid sleeps and second, have some privacy in your and her life!! I think there are 5 pictures of Logan on Facebook since birth. I take pictures and send them to family and friends daily. I just don't think it's right to have your kid all over social media. And I even know everyone on my Facebook. No thanks.

• JennaRaek said:

I dislike when people/parents post millions of pictures of their babies on Facebook. I know a girl who had a baby a week or so ago and she's posted probably 20 pictures along with every detail of her daughters life thus far. First, I don't really care when your kid sleeps and second, have some privacy in your and her life!! I think there are 5 pictures of Logan on Facebook since birth. I take pictures and send them to family and friends daily. I just don't think it's right to have your kid all over social media. And I even know everyone on my Facebook. No thanks.

Oh man, I have a friend who started this insane posting about her baby as soon as she got pregnant. It's absolutely ridiculous- there are sometimes upwards 15 posts in ONE DAY about her son. Holy balls its crazy. And she actually posted a status wondering why barely anyone likes her posts anymore! Ummmm....could it be because you are a post whore? 
  • @cnctf I think two pieces are adorable, but the specific bikini I cringe at is those that look like two triangles attached to one string. Frilly tube tops, okay. Triangular nip covers, not for my baby.
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    edited June 2014
    @cnctf I think two pieces are adorable, but the specific bikini I cringe at is those that look like two triangles attached to one string. Frilly tube tops, okay. Triangular nip covers, not for my baby.
    Totally agree with you. I am fine with two pieces- just not ones that are sexy adult looking. Like this:

Edited for pic

sibling love  

• @precious72381‌ That's another piece of clothing I cringe at: inappropriate words on ppl, especially on adolescents.

@ccip82 I hope Iain gets better soon. Moms work twice as hard when our babies get sick.
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    @cnctf I think two pieces are adorable, but the specific bikini I cringe at is those that look like two triangles attached to one string. Frilly tube tops, okay. Triangular nip covers, not for my baby.
    Totally agree with you. I am fine with two pieces- just not ones that are sexy adult looking. Like this:

Edited for pic
    *speechless* you know that feeling when nails hit the chalkboard. I just.. can't. It's flucking cheetah print and side strings for the bottom. Let me guess, is the mom a Kardashian.
    @redsaffron

You are correct :)

sibling love  

• @cnctf I think two pieces are adorable, but the specific bikini I cringe at is those that look like two triangles attached to one string. Frilly tube tops, okay. Triangular nip covers, not for my baby.

This. I have a 2 piece for DD bc it's easier to change her diaper. I do not like the tiny ones.

• cnctfcnctf member
    edited June 2014
    ccip82 said:

Edited for pic
    @redsaffron @ccip82 heh ^^^ this is what I meant myself when I said 2 piece. The rashguard I bought DD is a 2 piece one. Figured it be easier for changing. 

ETA: left out some words.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yowza. Are those vag rolls in that tot?!? I feel dirty just typing that. @ccip82‌
    I was thinking the same thing. That poor baby.

• ccip82ccip82 member
    Yowza. Are those vag rolls in that tot?!? I feel dirty just typing that. @ccip82‌
    I felt dirty love titing your response....Poor Penelope. I would hate having a Karadashian for a mom.

sibling love  

• ccip82ccip82 member
    edited June 2014
    @ccip82

but when I say offensive things, the emoji's help me make it seem less offensive right?

:x =(( ;)) =)) =D>
    Only if you use the same one multiple times in a row.... ;););););)

edit to tag @marbee1214

sibling love  

• ccip82 said:
    Explain your thoughts on this one more please. Is it the all the time part that's cruel? Like as in the middle of winter dog is begging at the door to come inside and the owner ignores the dog?

I have a cat who loves to be outside. I realize cats and dogs are different but almost our entire neighborhood has dogs and they are all outside pets too. As far as my cat, we bring him inside at night and/or when it's really cold. But if it's nice out, he wants to be outside. He will literally do flips at the back door to be let out.

At the risk of sounding like a crazy cat person, if he could talk, I am almost positive he would say he's happier outside.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• JennaRaek said:

I dislike when people/parents post millions of pictures of their babies on Facebook. I know a girl who had a baby a week or so ago and she's posted probably 20 pictures along with every detail of her daughters life thus far. First, I don't really care when your kid sleeps and second, have some privacy in your and her life!! I think there are 5 pictures of Logan on Facebook since birth. I take pictures and send them to family and friends daily. I just don't think it's right to have your kid all over social media. And I even know everyone on my Facebook. No thanks.

I would probably annoy you then. I post tons of photos of my babies because I live 4 states away from all my family and most of my friends plus I'm a photographer so I like to post a bunch when I do their every three month shoots. I don't post photos every day but I do at least 3-4 times a week and I post videos of new milestones. To me it's a way to feel like my family and friends are getting to experience them growing up even though I can't be there

imageimage

• karah4816 said:

I would probably annoy you then. I post tons of photos of my babies because I live 4 states away from all my family and most of my friends plus I'm a photographer so I like to post a bunch when I do their every three month shoots. I don't post photos every day but I do at least 3-4 times a week and I post videos of new milestones. To me it's a way to feel like my family and friends are getting to experience them growing up even though I can't be there

I think this is a little different. You're a photographer. (I try to be) It's more the "Here's a pic of baby sleeping for the past hr." kind of updates that get to me.

• km_mdkm_md member
    karah4816 said:

This is me too. I try not to post too often, and there are weeks that I don't post, but FB is the only way that some family and friends "see" DD so it is nice to post for them to see what she's up to. And well, she's just so darn cute!

• ccip82ccip82 member
    valigrl21 said:
    ccip82 said:
    Explain your thoughts on this one more please. Is it the all the time part that's cruel? Like as in the middle of winter dog is begging at the door to come inside and the owner ignores the dog?

I have a cat who loves to be outside. I realize cats and dogs are different but almost our entire neighborhood has dogs and they are all outside pets too. As far as my cat, we bring him inside at night and/or when it's really cold. But if it's nice out, he wants to be outside. He will literally do flips at the back door to be let out.

At the risk of sounding like a crazy cat person, if he could talk, I am almost positive he would say he's happier outside.
    Yes, leaving it outside all the time is cruel. What you are doing with your cat is not cruel, that is not what I meant in my UO.

sibling love  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"