Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Low Motlityh/High Abnormal

JsRibJsRib member
My husband and I have been trying for number 2 since July 2013. We have experienced 3 miscarriages. One in September-8 weeks/hb detected, one in December and in March- both 7 weeks no hb/detected.

My OB sent us for testing and referred is to a RE. My husband had a SA which came back w low motility and high % of abnormal sperm. Only 5-10% normal. All other testing was normal.

The RE stated that his sperm was not the issue since I continue to get pregnant and to just keep trying. My OB stated our chance of a successful pregnancy is related to the percent of my husbands normal sperm giving us only a 5-10% of success.

My question- who is right? Does the amount of abnormal sperm matter if I continue to get pregnant? Or will we continue to have a 5-10% chance due to abnormal sperm??

Thanks for listening ladies. I'm getting kind of crazy!

Re: Low Motlityh/High Abnormal

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  Thank you for asking this question- as I go back to my RE in the next month or so, I'm interested in whether testing on my husband would be beneficial.  Take care and ((HUGS)).
  • JsRibJsRib member
    Both my husband and I had genetic testing done. I also had a variety of other blood work for thyroid, blood clot etc.

The fetal tissue was never tested after my miscarriages.

My OB ordered the SA- to which the RE repeated to us that it wasn't necessary since we have no trouble conceiving.

This is just seriously frustrating.

@maryhr1‌ I think a 3rd opinion is our next step.

• Loading the player...
  • sorry you're going through such a frustrating situation
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"