Natural Birth

Recommendations - Northern Virginia area

Hello ladies,

I am asking this question on other boards, too, but I thought I would see if any bumpies here have any recommendations for midwives / birth centers in the Northern Virginia area. I have found at least one that I like, NOVA birth center, but it is a solid hour from my house in traffic. (Yuck.) Any recommendations, especially if you have had personal experience with them, would be greatly appreciated! I want to jump on this now, even though it is early (see ticker) because the practices fill up so quickly!
BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
Holiday Decorations Fail

Re: Recommendations - Northern Virginia area

• I was randomly on this board trying to give the link to a friend, so I wouldn't likely see a response. There are very few options for birth centers in NOVA. There is BirthCare in Alexandria and Nova natural birth out rt. 50. I had both my kids with Kim and Peggy at Nova natural birth, but had home births, so can't say much about birthing at the center. 
  • Not a birth center, but I've had two med-free births at The Birthing Inn at Inova Loudoun. My midwives were Loudoun Community Midwives. The Birthing Inn is great.  They are building a birth center there, but I'm not sure when it will be done.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also saw the Loudoun Community Midwives and gave birth at the Birthing Inn at INOVA Loudoun. I loved it there. It's a separate building from the rest of the hospital, and feels less "hospital-y." I also loved the midwives. They were so professional, and I felt so secure with them. Highly recommend!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Thanks ladies. Loudoun County is a little far for me, and I had definitely looked into BirthCare and NOVA Natural Birth Center.
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"