High-Risk Pregnancy

Chronic diarrhea in pregnancy due to parasite infection

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had chronic diarrhea during pregnancy and what the outcome was. I have a parasite that is not treatable (without a very risky medication which I am unsure if I will take). Basically I will have flare ups which consist of not even being able to keep in water (going 20-30 times a day)...I've been told due to the lifecycle of the parasite that this could happen every 3 weeks. Immodium is not apparently an option as when flare ups occur the bacteria needs to rid itself otherwise there will be a possibility of infection. Apparently the parasite itself cannot harm the baby which is why they don't suggest treatment. I'm just concerned with diarrhea bringing on labour.....any experience with crazy diarrhea would be appreciated

Re: Chronic diarrhea in pregnancy due to parasite infection

• When I was early on in my preg ( about 16 weeks) me and my husband went abroad and i got realllllly bad food poisoning from BOTTLED WATER ! I was so careful and only drank water and ate veg / pasta. SO you can imagine how bad i was. The flight back was horrid, couldn't even keep 1 ice cube down. The dr said i have a parasite in my bowels and the only thing i was told to have was Diaralyte (SP??) and keep drinking fluids. It did go after 3-4 weeks! TORTURE. I know its different to what you have- but thought id give my 2 cents. Hope you feeling better soon!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"