Babies: 0 - 3 Months

period after baby....help!

So I am almost 12 weeks pp and I bled for a while right after my c section, but it eventually stopped then about 3 weeks ago I got my period and it lasted like a week and a half. I got my period again yesterday and it's the heaviest bleeding I've ever had in my life. I soak through a super plus tampon every hour, then I went to bed with a tampon and a panytliner and I just woke up four hours later completely covered in blood, soaked through everything, like all over my underwear. This is more than I've ever ever bled including after both c sections. I'm starting to worry about blood loss at this point! I've read about a heavy fist period but this is insane! Did anyone else have this?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: period after baby....help!

• Btw I haven't even been making it a hour before I'm soaking through, abd this is lying down so I mulled it over and reluctantly called the on call obgyn at my drs practice at 3am (I never would've called at that hour if I wasn't super worried) and despite me telling her all this and the fact that I am gushing bright red blood she acted like it was nothing but a heavy period. I've had heavy periods and now I've had two c sections and I've never seen anything like this, yet I was rushed off the phone by a Dr who just seemed to be inconvienienced . Ugh I am so frustrated and getting scared and don't know what else to do...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jenn43jenn43 member
    If you're really worried, call your doctor again. If you're still worried, go to the ER. No one on the internet can give you good adv
  • Loading the player...
  • jenn43jenn43 member
    Sorry- ipad is glitching, I as going to say that if you are seriously concerned about blood loss, the internet is not a good place to look for advice.
  • Take this FWIW as I am a FTM and 5 wks pp. But that is how my periods used to be. I would bleed through a super tampon every hour. At night i would have a super overnight pad on (like the ones they give you at the hospital) within only a couple of hours. While its a lot and annoying that was my normal for many years. However, if you are really worried I would call your doctor again. None of us here are doctors and cannot judge your condition just by reading something. 
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yea it's just weird when something happens that you've never seen before. As I said this is sooo much more bloos than I'm used to so I kinda freaked out and was wondering if anyone had similar situations
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you having any other symptoms? Feeling faint, really pale, etc. due to the blood loss? If so, I'd probably recommend ER as well.
  • jenn43jenn43 member
    MrsZ0811 said:
    Take this FWIW as I am a FTM and 5 wks pp. But that is how my periods used to be. I would bleed through a super tampon every hour. At night i would have a super overnight pad on (like the ones they give you at the hospital) within only a couple of hours. While its a lot and annoying that was my normal for many years. However, if you are really worried I would call your doctor again. None of us here are doctors and cannot judge your condition just by reading something. 
    Even if we were or could, you won't get a physician to give you advice over the internet.  A physician is licensed by state, so if a doctor with a license in Michigan gave advice to a person in Florida, that is considered practicing medicine without a license.  That's why websites where doctors answer questions always have very generalized answers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"