August 2014 Moms
Options

Those lovely BH contractions.....and red wine

dawnangela79dawnangela79 member
edited June 2014 in August 2014 Moms
Today I've been having some pretty gnarly braxton hicks contractions, very sporadic (dr says nothing to worry about). However, now I'm just uncomfortable, my abs and back feel so tight for hours afterwards, and was thinking maybe a little red wine was in order to help my lovely lady lumps relax a little. A glass of wine and a bath! I was wondering who else is having really uncomfortable BH's and what are you doing to feel better? I'm probably doing the wine/bath tonight regardless, it sounds amazing!! But I'm also looking for any other tips!!
Baby Girl Koa Lynn, and big brother Hershey

Re: Those lovely BH contractions.....and red wine

• Options
    I pity myself, a lot. I have an irritable uterus so on a VERY VERY good day I will have less than 5 a hour for 12 hours. They wake me up ,they are worst at night while I'm ya know resting! I just try to listen to my body and realize it will pass eventually. I'm not able to take meds because of the side effects. 
  • Options
    When i have them they'll go for a couple of hours then I'll feel tense for a long time after.
    I try to drink more water, take a bath and if FI is home i ask him to rub my back. FI back rubs helps almost every ailment from a sick stomach to contractions...they help me sleep so i really love it when he's around during the contractions (unless he's freaking out telling me to call my Dr then he can go away)
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I drink water and get off my feet for a bit.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would try drinking lots of water before the wine. Mine usually go away after hydrating myself like crazy and peeing 263618724 times.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    Not sure if I've been having them today or not but whatever the hell I'm feeling it's awful! Nothing seems to help for me. It's like stabbing in my low belly and no relief in sight. A bath sounds amazing but I have no energy to even run the water. Lol.

After 6 losses, we are so happy to have our rainbow baby!

• Options
    Drinking water helps mine. I'm jealous of the bath though... my bath is covered in toddler crayon art and I don't have the energy to clean out the whole thing just so I can take a bath right now. Maybe tomorrow...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Count me in the bath jealous department! My tub is so shallow (9"!!! ) that when I try to take a bath idit down and wonder whether I'm sitting in a puddle or if my water just broke.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    caybehcaybeh member
    I try to sit down with my feet up and drink some water. That usually helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been getting them worse lately and usually around 5-6 an hour. I just try to drink more walk and sit down but not much seems to help. I also have to keep my bladder empty at all times or else I get them even worse.  My uterus is very irritable. 

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I think I had my first one for 30 seconds last night and jumped on here to see if anyone else had them yet. It went away and havnt had them since but wine and a bath sound fantastic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"