Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

CP: Newborn photo shoot?

2redtulips2redtulips member
edited June 2014 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
**lurking from pregnant after a loss**

I am in my third trimester with my first, and I am planning ahead a little bit. I am just wondering how many of you have done photo shoots with your newborns. Did you opt for an individualized session with a professional, a studio session, a friend, etc.? I really have no idea what to expect in terms of cost, either, so I'd love any insight.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

CP: Newborn photo shoot? 122 votes

Private, professional session (cost less than $150)
15% 19 votes
Private, professional session (cost more than $150)
36% 44 votes
Private studio session
4% 6 votes
Department store or mall store studio session
5% 7 votes
A friend/family member took our newborn photos
7% 9 votes
We took all our newborn photos ourselves
18% 22 votes
SS: Other
12% 15 votes

Re: CP: Newborn photo shoot?

• Options
    The hospital I delivered at has a professional photographer come in and do pics on day 2.  DH and DS1 were both there at the time so we got a few family pics too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had a newborn photographer do ours. $200 and she was at my house for 4 hours. Did LO alone and with SO and me. She gave us 40 edited photos and all the rights to the photos.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sessions for <$150?  At least where I'm at (Boston) the only way you get a rate like that is if it doesn't include rights to the photos...
  • Options
    The hospital I delivered at has a professional photographer come in and do pics on day 2.  DH and DS1 were both there at the time so we got a few family pics too.

Oh, that would be nice! I should check and see if my hospital offers that.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Sessions for <$150?  At least where I'm at (Boston) the only way you get a rate like that is if it doesn't include rights to the photos...
    I was sort of stabbing in the dark on that one. I had seen one "special offer" yesterday for $250, which included 4 hours (that sounds exhausting) and the rights. I think that was $100 off her regular price.

It's good to know what I should expect price-wise!

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    edited June 2014

Same here. Hospital had a photographer come in and do pics with LO, DH and I. The photo package we picked cost about $250 and included a CD with all of our pics, a bunch of prints, a photo book, and a frame containing 3 images of our choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    $400 for a session and CD with a private photographer.
  • Options
    Oh, my goodness, the ones on your siggy are adorable!

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    The hospital had a professional photographer that came in the same day that she was born.  Prices started at $60.  We paid about $160 for all of the pictures they took (on a thumb drive.)  
  • Options

Oh, my goodness, the ones on your siggy are adorable!

Thanks!! :)
  • Options
    We originally did them at jc Penney and they were awful. Done by someone with no photography skills and very rushed.
    We then used a professional, 3 hours in her studio, and paid $200 for the rights to about 40 photos.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We also had a session at the hospital. We picked a package that was fairly expensive (about 250$ if I recall correctly), but that was because the pictures were really nice and we added a silver locket. Hadn't planned on having newborn pics done so it was a good upsell from the hospital lol
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    It looks like my hospital does offer photography services, so I might just go with that for the convenience of it. I will check around for reviews to make sure people have been happy with the quality. 

I didn't even consider that hospital photos might be an option, so I am glad I asked all of you. :) 

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    @ThereBeDragons, I love the newborn shot in your siggie as well. So sweet!

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    I am in NY, so a HCOL area...and my pics were 650 with all rights included.  I am seriously in love with every single shot.  Currently trying to narrow it down for the announcements.

Here are a few.
  • Options
    I picked SS but only because multiple options applied to me.  My best friend is a photographer and she actually gifted us a session at my baby shower.  Her sessions usually cost about $150 in her studio and she will come to your house for an additional fee. My session and travel fees were her gift to us. They turned out amazing and I am so glad we did it!

• Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    My stepmom is a photographer and took DS's pics.
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    QT3.14QT3.14 member
    We bought the digital images of the hospital pics but I wasn't that impressed with them. I think is was around $100. I bought a groupon for a photo session at Target that included several prints and a few digital images. It was $25. I absolutely love them!! The photographer had 13+ years experience in the field and worked there for supplemental income. The department and mall photo sessions are hit or miss but I'm so glad we got a good one. I ended up purchasing 48 birth announcements and 4 more print sheets for about $40 more.
  • Options
    jjtyler said:
    I am in NY, so a HCOL area...and my pics were 650 with all rights included.  I am seriously in love with every single shot.  Currently trying to narrow it down for the announcements.

Here are a few.
    They are precious! :)

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Around here professional newborn photogs start around $300. We have ours tomorrow and it's $375.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"