Trying to Get Pregnant

Week+ of cramps a side effect of stopping BC?

Has anyone else experienced a lot of cramps (without AF) after stopping hormonal birth control? I stopped Nuvaring 3.5 weeks ago and I'm now on Day 9 of constant mild/moderate cramps and feeling like I'm going to start my period any second, but it isn't coming. Of course, Dr. Google tells me I'm either pregnant (but after consulting Dr. Wondfo, I've ruled that out) or ovulating (which I considered when this started, but I'm quite sure ovulation doesn't take 9 days). Googling side-effects of stopping birth control gave me a ton of personal stories about weight gain and migraines, but not this.

I'm sure it's NBD and probably just part of the process of my cycle getting started on it's own, but it'd be nice to know I'm not the only one who experienced this, because it is driving me crazy. Tia :)
baby girl  5.12

Re: Week+ of cramps a side effect of stopping BC?

• Yes this happened to me for about 3 months. AF was longer than normal too. Your body will be wacked out for a little while. Just don't freak out it will all work out. GL

* June TTGP siggy *

sweet home alabama photo: notebook Alabama.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

BFP: 4/21/14|EDD: 12/23/14

Heartbeat: 5/7/14|Lost @ 9 wks: 5/21/14
    D&C: 5/22/14
  • Me too. My body didn't start acting normally again until my periods started coming back regularly. I think any PMS symptom is fair game when coming off BC.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to me really sporadically the first two months off BC - I still get it from time to time. Hang in there - your body's just trying to find its way to back from the crazy trip that is BC.
  • My cramps were bad but my mood swings were worse--super cranky!! Mine has evened out after the first few cycles. Hang in there!
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Has anyone else experienced a lot of cramps (without AF) after stopping hormonal birth control? I stopped Nuvaring 3.5 weeks ago and I'm now on Day 9 of constant mild/moderate cramps and feeling like I'm going to start my period any second, but it isn't coming. Of course, Dr. Google tells me I'm either pregnant (but after consulting Dr. Wondfo, I've ruled that out) or ovulating (which I considered when this started, but I'm quite sure ovulation doesn't take 9 days). Googling side-effects of stopping birth control gave me a ton of personal stories about weight gain and migraines, but not this. I'm sure it's NBD and probably just part of the process of my cycle getting started on it's own, but it'd be nice to know I'm not the only one who experienced this, because it is driving me crazy. Tia :)
    I giggled at the phrase "Dr. Wondfo." :-) I also experienced cramps after BC, for a number of days. I also had crazy mood swings until my hormones even out. GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"