Boston Babies

Families in Cambridge/Somerville for a nanny share?

Hi!  I'm a 27-yr-old nanny with over 6 years of childcare experience, and I'm looking on behalf of myself and the wonderful Cambridge family I work with for other families in the Cambridge, Somerville, or possibly downtown Boston area to join us in a nanny share.  The family is new to the area (I've been working for them for about a month) and located by Kendall/MIT.  They're lovely and sweet and their 6 mo old son is an incredibly calm and happy baby.  We all get along very well and were hoping to find another family to share hours with during the week, but have had really tough luck with it for whatever reason, perhaps because it's the season when so many academics are out for the summer or traveling.  We've been scouring Craigslist, Sittercity, Care.com, you name it, and we're really surprised that it seems like very few folks are interested in a nanny share, even though it benefits everyone involved.  I generally charge $15/hr for a single child (which is what non-shared hrs would be), but for shared hours, each family is only responsible for $10/hr, the kids get a little early social bonding and playtime with one another, and the family is happy to host at their place or switch off hosting.  
I've worked with infants, toddlers, and older children, and am comfortable with diapering, feeding, naptime, tidying up, and interacting with the kids one on one to help develop their physical, social, language, and creative skills.  I have experience with twins and multiples, so a share suits me as well, though we'd likely be looking for a family with a single child, age doesn't matter.  Their son is just starting to crawl and verbalize, and will soon be eating soft foods.  We're okay with commuting a bit, but would prefer a family close by if possible.  The mother works from home/cafes, so she's flexible on hours, but it would likely be 3 or 4 days a week (full days) of share, and if a family were interested in say, 2 of those days, that would be fine, or 5 days, that would be fine too (non-shared hrs would be $15/hr).  I'm available from 7:30 am at the earliest to evenings if necessary, and am totally open to occasional hours for date-nights or backup care.  If you have a Sittercity account (also I believe it's free to join initially), you can check out my profile at https://www.sittercity.com/nanny/ma/boston/10156918, or get in touch with me if you're interested and have any questions and/or would like to get in touch with the other family.  
We're looking to start as soon as possible, so please let us know if you're interested!  A nanny share seems like a great alternative to expensive daycare or a full-time nanny; we're hoping to find a family that's a great fit.  Thanks so much and looking forward to hearing from any of you soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"