January 2014 Moms
Options

Baby with smoker's cough?

I am calling he ped in a minute, it wanted to see if anyone else's baby developed a slight smokers cough. DD also has a slight runny nose...not much, but I try suctioning it out and using saline drops regardless. I'm not sure if this is bc she's a C-section baby or not....I was told they sometimes have respiratory issues bc of not being born vaginally and having the fluid in their lungs not relieved with the pressure from the birth canal. She doesn't have a fever, she's eating well, she's not cranky, she's sleeping fine.....allergies, maybe? DS had a bout with allergies and still has a raspy cough once in a while. Hope it freaking goes away bc I HATE dealing with sick kids. Grrrrrr

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Baby with smoker's cough?

• Options
    Does it sound like a seal's bark? That's a sign of croup. It's a very distinct sound.

• Options
    If you can, use yiour phone to record it. Then you can play it for your doctor. We did that when my oldest had croup and it was really helpful for the doc to hear it (and of course she didn't do it while we were at the appointment)
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with @MarBee1214, it's not a result of being a c/s baby at this point.  Emerson has a terrible cough now as well.  In fact, my mom just called me and told me that she's really worried about her cough today.  She was at the doctors on Monday and everything sounded clear with no breathing/chest issues or ear infections or anything. She's also eating well with no fever and acting happy, so I think it's allergies.  It's just a mucousy cough and I hope she gets better soon, poor baby!

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    @mrsjenni - it's raspy, not croupy....doc said she's not sure about allergies this young....too young to develop, maybe. IDK. Hope our girls get better soon. I feel bad for her. She's fine, but I also worry about it being the start of something serious. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    No help here but hope your LO gets better soon
  • Options
    katagskatags member
    It's likely just a cold. The first cold M had came with a cough that lasted 3 weeks. It's back now. Coughing is THE WORST. But it's just drainage and congestion causing it, same as we get.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Options
    teacher0708teacher0708 member
    edited June 2014
    J has this too. She sounds a bit mucousy when she coughs but does not have a stuffy nose really. It is weird but other than that she is eating fine and acting the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"