April 2013 Moms

FFFC....

So usually by the time Friday comes around i forget all of mine. Thankfully mine just happened again!

Since DD was born i cant seem to sneeze cough or laugh without (leaking) WTH its like i need a diaper of my own. 
:((

Also im going on mini vaca #2 WITHOUT Rylee or SO... just me and the girls . 3 days. one island. i can not wait :)

Re: FFFC....

• Kate_CKate_C member
    I bought a fourth dress option for the wedding later this month. Yes, fourth. I have a problem. But I think I finally found the right one. So there's that.

And I really miss booze since trying to keep it out of the house for weight loss endeavors. Probably a sign I need to keep it out of the house...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kate_C said:
    I bought a fourth dress option for the wedding later this month. Yes, fourth. I have a problem. But I think I finally found the right one. So there's that. And I really miss booze since trying to keep it out of the house for weight loss endeavors. Probably a sign I need to keep it out of the house...
    Show us the dress :) 

and does wine doesnt count as booze in my book 
  • Loading the player...
  • jthree said:
    So usually by the time Friday comes around i forget all of mine. Thankfully mine just happened again!

Since DD was born i cant seem to sneeze cough or laugh without (leaking) WTH its like i need a diaper of my own. 
    :((

Also im going on mini vaca #2 WITHOUT Rylee or SO... just me and the girls . 3 days. one island. i can not wait :)
    When I have a cough I seriously have to wear a pad all day. And I am really good at remembering to cross my legs before I sneeze. You are not alone!! :) Enjoy your vaca!
    I always cross my legs! sometimes not quick enough .... HAHAHAH
  • I am really, really pissed off at my daycare provider. Her grandmother passed away yesterday...she was 101 and my daycare lady let us know that it would be any day now, and that she would probably take 3 days off. Ok, no problem. I can work with 3 days.

Nope. She called last night. She is taking today, and ALL OF NEXT WEEK off. She said they have to schedule the funeral around her childrens college finals next week,she is power of attorney, yadda, yadda, yadda. Really? You're going to leave all your parents hanging for over a week?? We don't have to pay, of course, but this is on top of her 2 weeks of vacation that we do pay her for.

So now, I probably won't get to take my full week of vacation coming up in 2 weeks, because I will have to use FTO to stay home at least 2 days. We are scrambling to find other babysitters, and my husband is going to be out of town all next week.

I know I should be more sympathetic to her losing her grandma, and I do feel sorry for her. But I think taking over a week off is a bit excessive.

X(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Erin10408 said:

I am really, really pissed off at my daycare provider. Her grandmother passed away yesterday...she was 101 and my daycare lady let us know that it would be any day now, and that she would probably take 3 days off. Ok, no problem. I can work with 3 days.

Nope. She called last night. She is taking today, and ALL OF NEXT WEEK off. She said they have to schedule the funeral around her childrens college finals next week,she is power of attorney, yadda, yadda, yadda. Really? You're going to leave all your parents hanging for over a week?? We don't have to pay, of course, but this is on top of her 2 weeks of vacation that we do pay her for.

So now, I probably won't get to take my full week of vacation coming up in 2 weeks, because I will have to use FTO to stay home at least 2 days. We are scrambling to find other babysitters, and my husband is going to be out of town all next week.

I know I should be more sympathetic to her losing her grandma, and I do feel sorry for her. But I think taking over a week off is a bit excessive.

X(
    Wow. I would say to take a deep breath and try to muster up some empathy. I'm sure it's frustrating, but it sounds like she has a legitimate reason to miss work. I would hope that if there were a death in my family and it was something that I had to handle, that my employer would be supportive and understanding.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Erin10408 said:

I am really, really pissed off at my daycare provider. Her grandmother passed away yesterday...she was 101 and my daycare lady let us know that it would be any day now, and that she would probably take 3 days off. Ok, no problem. I can work with 3 days.

X(
    Wow. I would say to take a deep breath and try to muster up some empathy. I'm sure it's frustrating, but it sounds like she has a legitimate reason to miss work. I would hope that if there were a death in my family and it was something that I had to handle, that my employer would be supportive and understanding.

I DO feel bad for her, and I think it's a legitimate reason to miss work. And I know that is the price I pay for doing in home daycare, and that I probably sound like an awful person.

Meh...I can't defend myself on this without sounding like a total asshole. I probably am being an asshole. But I'm just really upset that she is taking off so much more time than she told us she was going to take off. It seems unprofessional, and at the end of the day, she is running a business.

• elbouelbou member
    none5 said:
    We are having date night tonight and I decided our babysitter needs a treat. Am baking her chocolate chip cookie bars in the hopes that she leaves a lot for me. (Shhh don't tell the fit mama's group)
    I won't tell if you don't! :-$

I have eaten 2 packages of cookies and 3 red velvet cupcakes all by myself this week. X_X I didn't even share a single one with my kids. Ugh...period cravings are the worst!

• @ceamac0127‌, you win confession of the day! Haha
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Erin10408 said:

X(
    This is why we chose a center.  Not this exact reason of "death in the family" but because we don't have time or resources to fuck around and figure out alternate care or time off quickly in the case of emergencies, illness, etc.  I am sorry for her loss and I know you're just venting and I would be frustrated too.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JSS1002 said:

Erin10408 said:

X(

This is why we chose a center.  Not this exact reason of "death in the family" but because we don't have time or resources to fuck around and figure out alternate care or time off quickly in the case of emergencies, illness, etc.  I am sorry for her loss and I know you're just venting and I would be frustrated too.

</blockquote

Thanks...I am just venting, and kind of being a baby. But I really,really want/need my vacation coming up, and the fact that I am going to have to cut it short is very disappointing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"