Trying to Get Pregnant

Short/light period ttc

I have been off the pill for 5 months.. Periods are only lasting 2 days very light..not really any clots.. Have anyone had trouble getting pregnant with periods bring so short and light??? On pill periods were 6 days and med/heavy flow

Re: Short/light period ttc

• Just wondering, are you charting and temping? Are you sure you're ovulating? I'd check out fertility friend if you answered no to any of those...
  • PinkRoses53PinkRoses53 member
    edited June 2014
    I had the same concern when TTC my son.  Pre-pill, I had 7 day heavy periods and after they were 2-3 days and very light.  I was lucky enough that I got pregnant my 2nd cycle trying and went on to have a healthy pregnancy. 

I now think maybe it has to do with age or something but it didn't have any affect on my ability to conceive.

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 7/10/2012 .... DS Born: 2/26/2013
    TTC #2: 5/2014
    BFP #2: 7/8/2014 .... MC at 4w4d
    BFP #3: 9/14/2014...EDD 5/30/2015

Little Sister is on the way!
  • Loading the player...
    edited June 2014
    jefa621 said:
    Your period has nothing to do with getting pregnant.  What does have to do with getting pregnant is knowing when you ovulate and timing sex accordingly. 
    I will respectfully disagree with your POV.  I had the same concern when I was ttc my 1st and worried that short/light periods had something to do with a problem with my lining (too thin to allow for implantation or sustainable pregnancy).  I think it's a valid question/concern and don't see the need to jump down her throat.

edited June 2014
    jefa621 said:
    jefa621 said:
    Your period has nothing to do with getting pregnant.  What does have to do with getting pregnant is knowing when you ovulate and timing sex accordingly. 
    I will respectfully disagree with your POV.  I had the same concern when I was ttc my 1st and worried that short/light periods had something to do with a problem with my lining (too thin to allow for implantation or sustainable pregnancy).  I think it's a valid question/concern and don't see the need to jump down her throat.
    Sure the question is valid.  And my answer is also valid, and still stands, that your period length has nothing to do with getting pregnant.  How did I jump down her throat??
    I re-read your response, you are right- it wasn't  jumping down her throat but it wasn't overly friendly or supportive.  I guess I just got a little sensitive with how some people treat the newer girls on the board when they ask questions.  That was my mistake.

Periods and how you bleed (ie: lighter periods) can indicate an issue with the lining and ultimately getting pregnant so I don't think saying "your period has nothing to do with getting pregnant" is completely accurate. https://www.drugs.com/health-guide/dysfunctional-uterine-bleeding.html

But OP, I wouldn't freak out until you have a few cycles under your belt.  Like I said, I was super worried and had no issues getting pregnant.  I think it was just me getting old! :)

• jefa621 said:

jefa621 said:

Sure the question is valid.  And my answer is also valid, and still stands, that your period length has nothing to do with getting pregnant.  How did I jump down her throat??

Here's my take: I'd be more concerned that I wasn't ovulating and therefore not having a true period each "cycle" which means the blood could be a withdrawal bleed.

Also I don't think @jefa621 was disrespectful in her answer...

Just my thoughts though and I'm buzzed from a liter sized beer I just had.

• jefa621 said:
    Here's my take: I'd be more concerned that I wasn't ovulating and therefore not having a true period each "cycle" which means the blood could be a withdrawal bleed. Also I don't think @jefa621 was disrespectful in her answer... Just my thoughts though and I'm buzzed from a liter sized beer I just had.
    No, you are right, she wasn't disrespectful.  I am just sensitive today, I guess!  I am used to the puppies and rainbows of my BMB. I need to get used to the bluntness of this group, apparently!

edited June 2014
    jefa621 said:
    Yeah this really isn't a glitter farts type of board.  Doesn't make the information any less valid or helpful.
    LOL I know!  I was used to it when I was on ttgp  2 years ago.  I was probably blunter then myself, too.  Wait until you are on a birth month board for a couple years...once people get to know each other and there are no newbies, it  is sunshine 95% of the time!   Sometimes we say we miss the snark!

• I am in a similar boat as you! When stopped taking my birth control because I had been spotting (or you could even call it a spastic period because sometimes it was randomly very heavy.) for like 2.5 weeks straight. It just so happened that during that time my DH brought up us being ready to ttc. Since stopping I only have had one period lasting 2-3 days. I was not at that point charting using a BBT bc my DH wanted to "not really try but not prevent" because he knows how anxious of a person I am and didn't want me stressed. Well I wished I would have started temping from the beginning because now I am a confused basket case on CD21 with a normal (pre birth control) cycle of 23-25 days. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA IF I O'd. At least if I would have charted, I would know if I O'd and I wouldn't be miss crazy over here wondering if my boobs are really bigger and if i always cramp this much and feel this tired....or am I just noticing because I think that could be early pregnancy signs lol

I've been a bit intimidated by posting on the boards because I feel like I am not near as knowledgeable on this topic as the other women. I am just a crazy lady TTC and wasting money on pregnancy tests without even knowing if the big O came and knowing it is too early lol.

So good luck to you! I am anxious to see how things go for you. It's hard not to constantly think about is as 5 billion people around you are just randomly KU without trying or even thinking about it. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 4.4.14
    BFP #1: (unknown dpo) 12.1.14 (CP ended 12.11.15)
    BFP #2: 9dpo (on clomid 50mg 3-7) 4.9.15  di+di twins due December 21, 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"