January 2014 Moms
Options

Vent!

My son has chronic lung disease and can't be around smokers which I wouldn't want him around anyway. Well my moms side of the family has two outdoor picnics during the summer and a lot or people smoke, so I told my mom we wouldn't be attending. Well that got her all pissy and she's trying to tell me people don't smoke around the rating area, excuse me does that keep the smoke out of the air? Nope didn't think so. Then she was asking if she could take him to a 40th birthday party for her cousin since I'm going to be at work, nope not happening. I swear she just wants to take him places and show him off which is what social media is for, I don't want him around them because I know they'll be passing him around which transfers more germs than I can fathom. I get that germs are everywhere but passing him to every family member would make it worst. Maybe I'm just crazy because he was a preemie or maybe it's the FTM craziness. Or maybe I just know how BSC my family is! Like no smoking during pregnancy is not okay, holding your child and smoking is not okay. And they all have perfectly healthy babies, that's like a slap in the face.

Alright this got long, sorry ladies!
image image
Married 8/9/13
Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image

Re: Vent!

• Options
    He's your baby so you get to choose what you want him to do. It's hard sometimes to let grandparents know that it's not about what they want, but what's best for your baby.

Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Your baby = your choice. It really doesn't matter what anyone else wants or how they feel about your parenting decisions. Considering everything your little guy has been through I don't blame you one bit for being cautious. Your family is just going to have to deal.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chronic lung disease? Yeah, I would do exactly what you plan to do and not even feel a little bit upset. 
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    I understsnd about the germs and my baby was not a preemie with lung problems. I can only imagine how id be in that circumstance. The smoking would send me right over the edge, regardless.

But no matter how serious these concerns are or aren't, it's your baby so your choice about what you want him doing.

• Options
    <-------100% support from this corner!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It's nice to know I'm not over reacting like she thinks I am
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"