August 2012 Moms
Options

Baby drama

Like, literally, my child excels at dramatics. She's taking to pretend to cry, hug my leg, and say "oh mommy mommy." And then she'll do the same to the cat. And the couch. I know Leo's are little actors, but I wasn't expecting the theatrics quite so soon! She also loves to sing Twinkle Twinkle, but she can only ever remember the words twinkle, star, are, and diamond, the rest she just mumbles :p

Anyone else with cute stories about their drama llamas?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby drama

• Options
    DD2 is way more physical with her tantrums than DD1 was. DD2 is generally more chill than my first. I think that DD1 used her words and voice more. DD2 isn't talking as much so she full on throws her body around. She will lay down slowly so she doesn't hit her head. We laugh although we probably shouldn't.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    KEfam5KEfam5 member
    Oh we also sink twinkle twinkle while rocking dolls.  Your DD knows more of the words though. lol.  Then we like to be like mommy before work.  She will pick up ANYTHING that she can carry on her elbow like a purse... shopping bag, bucket, whatever. And then she gets her cup (my coffee cup) and whatever grown up shoes she can find (sometimes DHs work boots lol) and like prance toward the door saying "Bye, SEE YAA, Work!" She is most definitely quite the spitfire!
    DD just started doing something similar to this. She puts a bag on her arm, walks over to the door, then turns around waves and says "BYe-bye!" (she actually says die-die but I know what she means) Her favorite word right now is "Whoa". So everything is whoa! She runs around the house yelling, Whoa, whoa!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If we go out to eat Jacqueline will sit at our table and greet everyone who comes in, if she is close enough to the door. She will say "Hewwo, you sit there!" and will point to a chair. She just says it louder if she isn't acknowledged by the people coming in.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Options
    DS definitely knows how to dramatize- he fakes minor injuries so he can ask for kisses. he's also got a bit of a bossy streak. sometimes he says, "NO!" while pointing his finger at us. yesterday he said "no, MINE!" and grabbed my legs when DH tried to give me a hug. ;)
  • Options
    DD sings Twinkle, Twinkle, too!  According to her, here are the words:

Tinkle, tinkle tar
    Ow I wunner are
    UP ABOVE mmmmm high
    La la diaper tie

("Up above" is capitalized because she yells those the loudest.)
  • Options
    vvvvvfee said:
    yesterday he said "no, MINE!" and grabbed my legs when DH tried to give me a hug. ;)
    DD does this too. She'll yell "No, MY MOMMY!" when DH gives me a hug or kiss. And she does that with her Nana and Papa too "No, MY PAPA" is yelled a lot when we go there to visit.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"