January 2014 Moms
Options

Baby's eating etiquette

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited June 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Does your baby have any eating habits? (FF or BF)

DD (at every feeding), does the eye roll, pulls off mid suck several times, flails her arms (always hits my iPad screen and clicks off of my page on TB bc that's when I bump), and the new one (what DS used to do): sucks her finger at the same time she's eating.....she'd get kicked the hell out of charm school with this piss poor etiquette!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Baby's eating etiquette

• Options
    DD likes to scratch at my arms while eating and it drives me nuts! When she's done and I try to bring her the bottle, she will start smacking at it and try to hit it out of my hands. It's pretty funny. 
  • Options
    DS growls at his bottle and then attacks it to eat. Now that we started purees he opens his mouth and sticks out his tongue. If I don't give him a bite when he wants it he screams at me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ha ha these are funny. When I BF DS strokes his hand on my upper chest like he's petting me. And sometimes he rubs his head while eating. With the bottle as your putting the bottle to his mouth he grabs it with both hands and pulls it to his mouth so fast like he hasn't eaten in days. And one thing that irritates me when he drinks the bottle is he sucks the nipple of the bottle in and out(tugs on it)so annoying, he tugs on my nipple too which is very uncomfortable
  • Options
    My little man is pretty rutsy, so it is hard to BF with a cover. At home it is nbd. He plays with my shirt or the blanket covering him which is adorable :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • Options
    M pets my chest, grabs my shirt, slaps/pets my face. In public I use a cover and he likes to stick his arm out the top and wave it about, which I'm sure is amusing to those around me.

When he gets a bottle now he wants to hold it. We indulge him sometimes. This evening he tried repeatedly to feed his forehead.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    H holds on to the straps on my tank top like I'm going to run away. Seriously baby, I'm not going anywhere. She also waves her arms around like crazy.

Who was it on here who coined the phrase "feeding a windmill?" Because its exactly that.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Options
    Nova cannot have her feet anything or else she'll try kicking off... And then pitches a fit when she un latches herself . Seriously, kid?

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    When dd is really hungry. She will "talk" to the boob while she is eating. It's hilarious. Sometimes she will giggle right before I latch her on. She also likes to run her hand across my chest. If I un latch her to switch sides she freaks the F out. She starts screaming instantly, I usually burp her at this time and she will throw herself back wards in her screaming fit. I tell my dh we are in trouble because she has already mastered a tantrum.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    @Roses87, my DD also has a giggle....it's like she's panting for the boob and once she starts eating, she continues to grunt and moan.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    DD likes to pull my shirt over her face while eating. And sometimes unlatches, looks at me, smiles, coos, and goes back to eating. And sometimes wants to hold onto my thumb and "drive" it...which I must admit is the cutest and one of my favorite things.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    DD also eye rolls (seriously, she looks like she's getting a really good massage) and has really started trying to suck her thumb almost every feeding, now. Her DC teachers says she does that at bottles, too.

We are down to about 5 minutes on each side during the day and at EXACTLY 5 minutes she pops off and starts smiling and talking. I learned the hard way that when she's done, she's done! If I try to get her to latch back on and drink some more, she starts biting me. Ouch. :(

I also haven't been able to talk (we're talking not a single word) during daytime feedings for about a month now.

BTDT moms, does that ever end? Or is it once they get distracted easily, they are just always distracted until you're done BFing?

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options
    Arya808 said:
    My kid grabs my boob skin like it is my shirt and pushes it away from her face, which causes her to unlatch. So I let her "drive" my thumb while she nurses to prevent sharp-nailed boob grabs.
    DD does the exact same thing, except it hurts like hell when she does it and god forbid her nails aren't trimmed. 
    BZ is similar. But it is more accurate to call it pinching. He pinches my side or the top of my boob. Or sometimes (as he is heading in for the latch) he pinches my nipple HARD. He did it this morning and I yelped. He gave me these big doe eyes and pouty lip. Dude, seriously?
  • Options
    @bethughknee - sadly, DS was distracted constantly. When I spoke he would stop and look up....I usually got a mouthful of BM running down his face onto my shirt and pants. This was until the end. Not every feed, but prob 2 times a day. DD hates hearing the iPad or she hates how I'm holding her bc I'm trying to hold the iPad to read...I haven't figured it out.

• Options
    DS plays with my fingers and smiles at me a lot. Since I have to hold him a certain way he usually wraps his legs around my arm and crosses his feet. He also rubs his face and plays with his hands until he falls asleep
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    The pinching under my bicep needs to stop. Omg its so sore.
  • Options
    DD2 will put her arm over her face and my boob so I can't see anything.  She does it as soon as I get her sideways so it's hard to get her to latch.  Once she's latched she'll either keep her arm in front if she's tired or she'll tuck her hand between my boobs. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"