January 2014 Moms
Options

CP: 4MW

peanutmusepeanutmuse member
edited June 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Since there were a lot of posts re: sleep this week, it's been on my mind. Did your LO go through the 4mw?

I'm also curious if you answer yes, either way -- how old was the baby when it started/ended?

CP: 4MW 115 votes

Yes - it was hell
21% 25 votes
Yes - it was NBD
16% 19 votes
No
6% 7 votes
I didn't notice anything different
15% 18 votes
Still waiting to see
11% 13 votes
My motto is JBBB
19% 22 votes
SS/See results
9% 11 votes

Re: CP: 4MW

• Options
    I put yes and it was NBD. It was Right at his 4 month mark and there were only 2 nights that he didn't sleep so well. Naps were fine it was just at night. He would wake around midnight and that is not like him and would be wide awake playing with his feet and kept spitting his paci out. He was very fussy and finally went back down but he woke up again about 2 hours later and same thing. So I figured that's what it was. He had a good night after that time but the following night same old shit. Woke up and was wide awake and refusing to go back to sleep. So really only 2 bad nights
  • Options
    pinkyxboopinkyxboo member
    edited June 2014
    You may also be interested in some of the answers from this poll https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12348391/did-you-experience-the-4mw#latest. It's similar to yours but it is about 2 weeks old. Just thought you may be interested in the responses.

our little flower born 01.13.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put JBBB, but whatever it is we're going through it currently, and it started about 2 weeks ago... She'll be 5 months on the 8th
  • Options
    pinkyxboo said:
    You may also be interested in some of the answers from this poll https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12348391/did-you-experience-the-4mw#latest. It's similar to yours but it is about 2 weeks old. Just thought you may be interested in the responses.
    Yes, I remember that one and read the responses at that time. It didn't have enough options, IMO. And since there were several threads this week regarding sleep, plus to factor in younger babies, I thought it was useful to bring up again.
  • Options
    I put yes but NBD.  It started right before DS turned 4 months, and ended just last week (so about 2 1/2 weeks or so). He went from 1-2 nighttime wakeups to waking every 2 hours to nurse. Since we co-sleep and then bed share, it didn't make a difference to me in the amount of wakeups, because I would just nurse him and go back to sleep. Last week he began to stretch the 2 hours into 4 hours and then last Friday night he STTN.  Now he is back to 1-2 wakeups.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Options
    I said I didn't notice anything different but I would have also selected JBBB if I could pick 2.

• Options
    We didn't go through it. LO is now 5 months and has been sttn since 2 months.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options
    I answered no. She is almost 5 months, but last night she woke up at 2 to 330 then up at 7 for the day which is on the earlier side for her. I hope last night was a fluke. She has been sleeping through the night since just before 4 months.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    bnikbnik member
    we're going through it now, he was sleeping 8+ hours a night. then memorial day weekend it started. im exhausted since he gets up so often now, and hisnaps are sucky too. He doesn't wanna hear about how he needs sleep to function and be happy.
  • Options

pinkyxboo said:

Yes, I remember that one and read the responses at that time. It didn't have enough options, IMO. And since there were several threads this week regarding sleep, plus to factor in younger babies, I thought it was useful to bring up again.

Yup, I gotcha. Just wanted to let you know about it in case you were looking for various accounts on the subject.

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • Options
    We've been experiencing what I thought was the 4mw. But, sometimes he sleeps and sometimes not. He's also had a cold and we're in the process of moving so a lot is changing. I think he just likes to keep me on my toes ;)

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I voted for waiting to see because we aren't 4 months just yet and DS has yet to sttn. I attribute it to when he needed to eat every 3-4 hours for a medical reason that now no longer exists (false positive), so I think he is still adjusting. Who knows! Interesting takes to read through though.
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • Options
    MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
    edited June 2014
    At the time of this post, I said yes and NBD. Hopefully she goes back to how she was before she was 4 1/2 mo when it started. It lasted 2ish weeks. If she still wakes up 2-5 times a night, I'll be sad. Hope it didn't jinx me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    Yes--it is hell, and its not over yet. He's still waking 4-6 times a night, feeding a ton. Though hes not been eating as much during the day b/c breast rejection issues, so maybe that's why he's making up the calories at night. 
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Options
    I voted hellish but I think I did that to myself. I mentioned this in sugar's thread but I was still MOTN pumping so my night schedule during the 4MW was:

8/9pm - go to sleep
    12:30am - pump, struggle to fall back to sleep
    1:30am - get back to sleep
    2:00am - DD wakes to eat, is VERY awake literally will not close her eyes until
    4:00am - DD goes back to sleep and I cry my exhausted butt back to sleep until
    6:00am - alarm goes off

The 4MW was also when I got a stomach virus and the only time we've bed shared. It just got easier to bring her in bed at 2am and let her nurse on and off while I slept on and off.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options
    He's definitely had a regression of sorts that has lasted almost 3 weeks now (starting about a week before turning 4mo) but only a couple of nights where he was up every 2 hours or so. Otherwise he was waking up 1-3 times between 8pm-5am when previously he was sleeping right through. BUT a lot of his wakeups I have attributed to his newfound ability to roll around... He rolls onto his tummy in his sleep, ends up stuck against the side of the crib or with limbs caught in the crib rails. All of this seems to cause him to wake up. I went out and got a mesh crib liner yesterday, so that at least he doesn't hurt himself. Is he rolling around because he isn't sleeping as soundly, or because he learned to roll over? I don't know. JBBB I think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"