New Jersey Babies

NJ maternity leave

Does anyone know exactly how much paid time you can get in Nj? I know you get the 4 before 6-8 after and I thought and additional 6 weeks for bonding. My hr is telling me I can get 12 weeks for bondig and that it's all paid but I am not sure this is 100% true. I had my son in January 12 and only got 6 weeks bonding. With this pregnancy I being told I'm entitled to 12 but can not find anything online about this .

Re: NJ maternity leave

• Lia1303 said:
    The way my HR department did it was FMLA is a non-paid leave that will cover up to 4 weeks before birth and 12 weeks after (14 if c-section). FMLA only protects you from losing your job. I had to file first for short term disability which covers you with 60% pay or a max pay out of I think 300 a week for 6 weeks. You then file for the FLI (family leave insurance) which pays you an additional 6 weeks of bonding time. As PP said, this is concurrent with FMLA not additional time off.
    This is what I did. I just went back to work last week. My short term disability covered the first 6 weeks pay and NJFMLA covered the second 6 weeks @595 a week (it went up on Jan 1).  Both run concurrently with the national FMLA
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"