February 2015 Moms
Options

HCG Levels

Last week I had very minimal spotting so I called my OB and they wanted me to come in for an early appointment (my first true appointment is June 20th  :D ) because they didn't have any history on me, being this was a new office for me. So I went to the appointment on Friday (5/30) and they checked my HCG levels because I had a weird period last month and my OB wanted to see if I had higher levels or whatnot. I got a call back this morning and my levels are 257 she said they are right where they should be. They want me to stop by tomorrow to have a test done again just to make sure I'm progressing like I should be. Has anyone else had their levels tested yet?! I feel pretty good about mine!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: HCG Levels

• Options
    Yep. I didn't think to ask what the exact numbers were, but they tested them twice last week. I went in this morning for the last one. I think it's because my urine test in the office came back negative but I had positives at home, the super sensitive Wondfo ones. Welcome :-)
  • Options
    Hello and welcome! Congrats on your BFP. Positive thoughts for doubling betas :) there are a few posts from last week about betas that may be helpful.

Married 12.14.12 TTC 01.01.14 BFP 02.26.14 MC 03.07.14 TTC again 05.01.14               
    BFP 05.27.14  Beyond excited and giddy with anticipation! EDD 2.2.15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine yesterday (4w1d) were 223. I go again tomorrow for my second beta.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    Congrats on the good news! I had mine tested on 5/29 (4w,4d approximately) and was at 465 which is normal!
  • Options
    I've posted this in another thread, but my first beta at 16dpo was 645 and 18 dpo was 1652. There's a wide range of normal at this point. FX for a great doubling number for your next draw!
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations! I had my first beta come back as 1,199 and my second as 3,789! My nurse said that as long as the numbers are going up, baby is growing happy and healthy! So I think you are doing great :)
  • Options
    mali3mali3 member
    Mine were 54, but I just had a miscarriage in early May, so I have no idea how far along I am. I am estimating just over 3 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Mine were 54, but I just had a miscarriage in early May, so I have no idea how far along I am. I am estimating just over 3 weeks.
    @MrsKellner mine were 63 on 12dpo - sounds like a similar timeframe to yours!

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a GIRL! EDD 2.6.15

• Options
    Hi Ladies!
    So I just got a call from my OB and my levels yesterday were 2,098! I am a pretty happy lady right now :D

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How is everyone getting these tests? My doctor is not going to see me until July 3rd..... Should I ask then to see me sooner? This is my first time.
  • Options
    lulu783 said:
    @MrsKellner mine were 63 on 12dpo - sounds like a similar timeframe to yours!
    Mine was low, too. 49 at 14dpo and 151 at 18dpo. I was worried but feel better knowing other people started off low, too. I have another beta test on Monday so I'm hoping it's a lot higher. 
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Our TTC Journey: Me: 39 (short luteal phase, hypothyroidism) DH: 41 (no problems)
    Pre-TTC: worked with a physician nutritionist on health improvement to naturally increase LP and get healthy.
    Cycles 1-9: Supplemented with progesterone during LP and acupuncture. All BFN's. 
    Cycle 10: switched to a new RE, medicated IUI and continued acupuncture. BFP! EDD: 2/5/15. Beta 1: 49; Beta 2: 151; Beta 3: 1878. 7w4d HB was 153. 
  • Options
    How is everyone getting these tests? My doctor is not going to see me until July 3rd..... Should I ask then to see me sooner? This is my first time.
    I was going through fertility treatment and the beta test is standard after IUI, IVF, etc. There are probably other reasons for a beta test but I'm not sure of them.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Our TTC Journey: Me: 39 (short luteal phase, hypothyroidism) DH: 41 (no problems)
    Pre-TTC: worked with a physician nutritionist on health improvement to naturally increase LP and get healthy.
    Cycles 1-9: Supplemented with progesterone during LP and acupuncture. All BFN's. 
    Cycle 10: switched to a new RE, medicated IUI and continued acupuncture. BFP! EDD: 2/5/15. Beta 1: 49; Beta 2: 151; Beta 3: 1878. 7w4d HB was 153. 
  • Options
    I have a history of miscarriages which is why I've had them done. It's generally not typical protocol for a woman without a history of infertility or loss. Doctors may also order them if you have any bleeding with a current pregnancy.

"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

• Options
    Jessicaj703Jessicaj703 member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the info ladies! I was starting to think my doctor was not giving me enough attention. That totally makes since though.
  • Options
    I just had my first beta testing today (14dpo) and the results were hcg at 69 and progesterone at 15. I know the increase matters more than the numbers themselves, but I'm still really nervous at how low those seem. :(
    Second testing is on Monday.

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
    BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

• Options
    jdono1jdono1 member

I just had my first beta testing today (14dpo) and the results were hcg at 69 and progesterone at 15. I know the increase matters more than the numbers themselves, but I'm still really nervous at how low those seem. :(

My doctor looks for hcg to be 50 and progrestrone 10-15 on the first draw so yours look great!
  • Options
    I had my first one done today and I am at 155 at 13 DPO. I go in Saturday for my second one.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jdono1 said:

My doctor looks for hcg to be 50 and progrestrone 10-15 on the first draw so yours look great!
    -------------end quote---------------

Thanks @jdono1‌ that makes me feel better :)

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
    BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

• Options
    Because of the spotting I had and because I had a weird Period before I conceived they wanted to make sure I wasn't further along and then just make sure that I am progressing like I should be. I wouldn't worry about it unless you think you need to have them checked. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I just had my first beta testing today (14dpo) and the results were hcg at 69 and progesterone at 15. I know the increase matters more than the numbers themselves, but I'm still really nervous at how low those seem. :( Second testing is on Monday.
    My first beta on 15dpiui was 49 and my second beta at was 151. The nurse said 49 is a good number as long as it doubles. (I didn't have my progesterone checked since I'm taking progesterone pills). 
    Pregnancy Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"