Normal or no? — The Bump
February 2014 Moms

Normal or no?

I just don't feel like myself. I'm so tired, snapping at everyone, and I feel disgusting with the bladder issues, not to mention the gut. My first week back to work was great but now sh is getting real and I feel pretty overwhelmed. Is this just normal adjustment to work life stress or something more? I feel like I don't even look the same.

I Do enjoy LO. He's my favorite thing.

I just want to be myself again. Ugh.
I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!

Re: Normal or no?

• ((hugs))

Sounds pretty normal to me. But keep an eye on it. Balance is hard as hell, and you're still figuring it all out, ya know?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks ladies. I think today's been extra trying. I guess we are allowed to feel overwhelmed sometimes.

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Loading the player...
  • Its 'normal' to have an adjustment period after having a baby and going back to work. It takes a while to settle into a rhythm and establish a work-life balance. I have been struggling with feeling overwhelmed and started seeing a therapist. I wanted to get a gauge on my feelings because I had pretty bad PPD with DS1.
    Do you have someone you can talk to? I'm not an expert but feel free to PM me.
    (((Hugs)))

kmac2007
  • I think it's normal.  Going back to work can be completely overwhelming.
  • Thanks for the support. It means the world!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • So far...sounds normal. I am going through this a little too (minus the bladder issues) so I understand the feeling. I had to present at a work meeting last week and I felt it went awful; just don't feel like myself yet, esp when it comes to work!!
    Feb 2014
    inluv4life2
  • Seems normal to me. I know my mood fluctuates and going back to work was super hard. Just keep an eye in it!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

inluv4life2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards