Baby Names
Options

Horrid name at high school graduation

lifeonthehilllifeonthehill member
edited May 2014 in Baby Names
Bla.ise Daley. That is worse than anything I have ever complained about before. Worse than Paisley, Kenzleigh, and every Aidan based name I have ever heard. That poor boy will be judged for the rest of his life.

ETA: Clarification in comments!
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
 BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

Re: Horrid name at high school graduation

• Options
    It's NMS but I don't think it's nearly as bad as Paisley or (Ugh!) Kenzleigh.  Just makes me think of Blaise Pascal.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    plunderbplunderb member
    edited May 2014
    It's NMS but I don't think it's nearly as bad as Paisley or (Ugh!) Kenzleigh.  Just makes me think of Blaise Pascal.
    Yeah, not bad. In fact, I applaud them for not spelling it Blaze! (In 2013, Blaze was ranked #716, while Blaise was #912).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to college with a Blaise in the early 200
    I dont think it's a horrible name...

• Options
    I know multiple Blaises oldest is like 35, youngest is around 8 .
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    capuletcapulet member
    I love Blaise. It is a legit and awesome name.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    It is a great and legit name. I am not knocking the name. It's the FN/LN combo.

Let me add that my cousin knows the parents. They are in trouble for drugs all of the time and the kid and parents brag that he was named after smoking pot. Blaze Daily.

ETA:More clarification.

ya, that is a super unfortunate combo

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Let me add that my cousin knows the parents. They are in trouble for drugs all of the time and the kid and parents brag that he was named after smoking pot. Blaze Daily.

Ohhhh. Point taken then ;)

• Options

Ohhhh. Point taken then ;)
    Haha yes. That did not enter my mind at all when I saw your OP.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    JillJiggsJillJiggs member
    edited June 2014
    Actually I love it.

ETA: Hahahaha Blaze Daily. I didn't catch that part. Amazing.
    I'm a fuckin' T-Rex.

• Options
    I think Blaise is a great name, except that I knew a guy who was a real d-bag whose nickname was "da blaze" so I would never use it. But this kid you speak of clearly should change his name as soon as legally possible. That's sickening.
  • Options
    TC0514TC0514 member
    Lmao!! It took me a minute but I got it. However, I don't think the "Aiden" names are hideous. I have a Jayden and I think it's a much better name than Blaise.
  • Options

Hmmm - I will have to disagree on this one. I don't love the name, but it's a legit name, unlike Paizley which is a legit WORD, but not name, or spelling of that word for that matter.

• Options
    Blaise is not pronounced like ¨Blaze.¨ Blaze/Blayz/Bleighzzz are awful, but Blaise is a totally legit French name, and is pronounced BLEZ, NOT Blaze.
  • Options
    Blaise is actually a Saint's name... I personally like it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

just saw this -- totally agree :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah.  If your last name is any variation of Daily/Daley/Daly, you cannot use a first name that is also a verb.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Blaise is not pronounced like ¨Blaze.¨ Blaze/Blayz/Bleighzzz are awful, but Blaise is a totally legit French name, and is pronounced BLEZ, NOT Blaze.
    They pronounce it Blaze which is the problem.

I never said it was a bad name. Having stoner parents name their kind "Blaze Daily" to be funny is horrible in my opinion.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    Damn. If they pronounce this name Blaze they are just...so wrong. I don't get it, when naming a human being, you wouldn't think to like, google the history/pronunciation of said name? It takes all of 30 seconds to avoid a lifetime of looking like an asshat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"