January 2015 Moms
Options

To gel or not to gel?

Going for a manicure this afternoon and I'm hesitant to get the no chip/gel coating..I read nothing but mixed reviews online..what are you gals doing? Or has anyone asked their nurse/doctor? Please share.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To gel or not to gel?

• Options
    My midwife told me to stay out of nail salons because of all the fumes.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    I get my nails done with gel and plan to keep doing it. I believe it is just prolonged exposure to the fumes that are considered unhealthy for anyone, pergnant or otherwise. The girl who usually does my nails is on mat leave but worked at the salon right up until she gave birth and had a healthy baby boy. I figure she was exposed far more than I will be going once a month so I am not going to over think it. I will be cautious but I am still going to keep getting my nails done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Anniversary

TTC Since 04/01/13 

BFP #1 04/28/13 Its twins! EDD 01/08/2014 MMC confirmed 06/27/13 D&C 07/17/13

BFP#2 05/19/14 EDD 01/30/2015 Please be our rainbow!

My Ovulation Chart

*~*~* All AL Welcome*~*~*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    letsgoxletsgox member
    I went to a well ventilated salon and got gel nails 3 weeks ago. It was a nice treat considering the previous time I had them done was over a year earlier. Honestly, unless you work at the nail salon, the amount of fumes you would inhale would be negligible.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    Yep I think it is just the fumes that can be concerning for anyone, pregnant or not, like other ladies have said.  And if you are already feeling queasy then the smell could be enough to put you over the edge :)

I had a pedicure every two weeks when I was pregnant with my first and plan to do the same with this pregnancy!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I just did last week. With my last pregnancy I went over 10 times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was considering doing this today too so thank you all for your input!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"